anyone running windows 10

hjr007

n3wb
Reaction score
Just loaded windows 10 and there was an update to bi. When all was finished I do not have the dongles to move the camera around.
Anyone else having this issue .

Using foscam FI9828P

thanks in advance

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not had any issues with windows 10 and BI.

- - - Updated - - -

Add a screenshot of your Blue Iris and we might be able to help better.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have been configuring a windows 10 PC to be used with BI 4 so far no issues.
I used these steps, with out any issues.

BlueIris Windows Startup
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html

Disable Windows Logon
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/disable-login-screen-in-windows-10/

T
I have not had any issues with windows 10 and BI.

- - - Updated - - -

Add a screenshot of your Blue Iris and we might be able to help better.

Bigvic2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded to Window 10 Friday afternoon EDT, after upgradeing Blue Iris asked me to reregister my key code, after entering my key code it would not accept it. It was purchased in April 2015. Support is very slow to return,and respond on any issues you have with their software. I also run blue Iris in two of my businesses. I can understand protecting software from piracy, but I think this program is over zealous in their attempt to protect. All I want, is what I paid for without being put in a precarious situation with security! Why is Ken so slow to respond to loyal customers?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded to Window 10 Friday afternoon EDT, after upgradeing Blue Iris asked me to reregister my key code, after entering my key code it would not accept it. It was purchased in April 2015. Support is very slow to return,and respond on any issues you have with their software. I also run blue Iris in two of my businesses. I can understand protecting software from piracy, but I think this program is over zealous in their attempt to protect. All I want, is what I paid for without being put in a precarious situation with security! Why is Ken so slow to respond to loyal customers?
You need to understand that he is ONE person, doing all the coding and support. This is why you should wait before performing OS upgrades in critical machines.
If you need instant or phone tech support, there are plenty of alternatives for 100-150 PER camera licensing fees, they will talk to you all day. Given the practically free cost of blue iris, the support from ken is extra ordinary. Give him time to respond, its not even 24 hours yet. In the interim it should be running in demo mode so you wont miss any recordings. If you have issues with the software, you will get the fastest responses on this forum.
Also double check your key to ensure you are entering it properly.

Bigvic2000

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman, thank you for your response. As for windows10, it has been in beta for sometime, and as you well know was released on the 29th, and there seems to be minimal problems over the last week. As for demo mode it will not let me enter also, I have been entering key codes since Steve Jobs, garage days. Maybe it's time for Ken to raise his prices and hire someone. I have always been complementary of his software, and I totally understand your position of defending his support issues. All I want is to access the software I purchased. I am sure this will be worked out shortly, and remember price is not a substitute for excellence.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman, thank you for your response. As for windows10, it has been in beta for sometime, and as you well know was released on the 29th, and there seems to be minimal problems over the last week. As for demo mode it will not let me enter also, I have been entering key codes since Steve Jobs, garage days. Maybe it's time for Ken to raise his prices and hire someone. I have always been complementary of his software, and I totally understand your position of defending his support issues. All I want is to access the software I purchased. I am sure this will be worked out shortly, and remember price is not a substitute for excellence.
In the version 4 release notes he mentions his intention to hire a support person. Again per your post you emailed on Friday afternoon. I bet you would not have received a response from any major software developer in this time frame. When you sell software for 59 dollars you need to make sacrifices someplace. You have to understand that he probably gets 50-100 emails a day, many of which are silly networking questions that he is not obligated to answer or provide support for. It takes time to sift through them. Consider that many software developers including Microsoft and Intuit charge for support after an initial 30-90 day period.
Blue iris is excellent, but if you demand real-time support then look at other VMS and be prepared to pay 10-20 times as much as you paid for blue iris. For the price paid, its perfectly acceptable to have to wait to get a response.
Have you tried uninstalling blue iris and reinstalling it? (export your settings first)

Bigvic2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Again, thank you for your response, they finally reset my key code, and all is now well. I do believe the software is underpriced, and think people would pay more for better support (just my humble opinion).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, thank you for your response, they finally reset my key code, and all is now well. I do believe the software is underpriced, and think people would pay more for better support (just my humble opinion).
How much better can you get than under 24hour response time - to top it off, you got a response on a weekend. I can assure you that if there was a dedicated technical support person, he/she would not be working on Saturday and you would be waiting until Monday. I agree that its under priced, however, this price point keeps it accessible to everyday home users. I believe this is the intention of the developer. There are lots of other options for folks who want to pay more. Honestly aside from licensing issues and some rare technical issues, this forum has blue iris covered.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Testing win10 out on Win 7 notebook before doing BI server PC, well I suggest everyone who did custom setting when it installed go look at system privacy and see what you thought wasn't turned on actually is turned on, shame on you Microsoft. Go thru list there are many privacy settings.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been configuring a windows 10 PC to be used with BI 4 so far no issues.
I used these steps, with out any issues.

BlueIris Windows Startup
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html

Disable Windows Logon
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/disable-login-screen-in-windows-10/

T
Just run BI4 as a service. This is what I do with Windows 10. Whether I log into the PC or not, BI4 is running. So I can still access BI4 remotely. Or I can log into the BI4 PC and open BI4 to view the cameras directly from the PC.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Failed to upgrade on my pc piece of $hit, with a code that MS don't know lol

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Been running on a Toshiba notebook (not BI yet), and I have to say I'm disappointed. I still like win7 best except for its slow boot time. I'll give it more time.