Anyone running with i7-9700k?

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys

I am looking to updating my Blue Iris PC . I will wait for sales but just wanted to know if anyone is running one with blue iris??
How do you find it and how many cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks I didnt know about this chart

These stats are pretty sweet:

View attachment 60072
You have to understand these stats and their limitation before relying on them.
The number of cameras is irrelevant. Its the MP/s that matter. Yes there are 28 cameras however, if for example, they are running at 15fps (a guess) they are a mix of 2mp and 1mp cameras. If you tried the same with 28 4k cameras at 15fps that system would not handle it.
Another very important stat that is missing is whether limit decoding is being used. If it is used then you would see a fraction of the cpu usage vs not using limit decoding.

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have to understand these stats and their limitation before relying on them.
The number of cameras is irrelevant. Its the MP/s that matter. Yes there are 28 cameras however, if for example, they are running at 15fps (a guess) they are a mix of 2mp and 1mp cameras. If you tried the same with 28 4k cameras at 15fps that system would not handle it.
Another very important stat that is missing is whether limit decoding is being used. If it is used then you would see a fraction of the cpu usage vs not using limit decoding.
Thanks yeh. Still though much better then my stats. But I guess thats why i also would like to ask someone their setup to get the specifics of what they are running on with this cpu
I have learned a great deal on figuring this stuff out due to this forum and the wiki.

thanks man