Are Axis camera's worth it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We all purchase what we can afford--no other choice.
I have been saving my pennies for an Axis system and will continue.
Like Ebo said and I agree, reliability and support are critical, but again it comes
down to what one can afford.
It's got nothing to do with affordability... You are a complete sucker if you overpay for axis.... Particularly since it seems that you don't have money... the image quality on some of even the high price axis are worse then on the dahua starlights... Makes no sense to pay five times the price for an image that is worse.... Dahua and Hikvision are both highly reliable cameras with extremely low failure rates.... I'm doubtful that axis is any better.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Axis, old legacy company that is being left behind and lives on people willing to pay crap tons of money for the brand name. They damn right well should replace cameras for free for how much they charge, hell you could buy dahua and buy 10 spares and still have a ton of money and just swap them out, no need to deal with anyone's support. The security camera industry is horrible about lagging behind with their tech and charging way too much, even dahua and hikvsion, I hope someone comes along and stops ripping people off and gives us 2018 tech in our 2018 cameras lol.