Are there any PTZ cameras that use an SD card?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have an NVR and I would like a PTZ camera so I'm looking for one that takes an SD card. The only one I found is this,

4X Zoom Elite 2MP Vandal Dome IP Network PTZ Security Camera - IPPTZ-EL2L4X

I don't know what brand this camera is, thoughts on this or others out there?
Hi Twisted,

Looks like it maybe a Dahua OEM product.

Look at the Dahua Internation website and look for PTZ IP PoE cameras, if you look at the specs I am certain you will find something good.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, I not so sold on the PTZ can anyone just recommend a good dome camera. I currently have a Hikvision 2mp mini dome and was looking for something similar. I was reading a post about a couple of Duhua domes but said they were not recommend outdoors but did not say why?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I not so sold on the PTZ can anyone just recommend a good dome camera. I currently have a Hikvision 2mp mini dome and was looking for something similar. I was reading a post about a couple of Duhua domes but said they were not recommend outdoors but did not say why?
No domes are recommended in general for outdoors due to issues
see cliff note and #55 in my notes
Looking for some advice and direction!

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's disappointing because vandal proof is one of my main objectives. I'm putting the camera in a spot where someone could reach it and I don't want it stolen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's disappointing because vandal proof is one of my main objectives. I'm putting the camera in a spot where someone could reach it and I don't want it stolen.
domes are not vandal proof.
turrets are just as vandal resistant as a dome.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Twisted,

The IPC-HDW42xx series of cameras have a nice solid case which should be fairly vandal resistant.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I know the domes are not entirely vandal proof but they're aren't as easy to grab. I can't go with the turret style because I don't have an overhead ceiling to mount it on. I might consider just going with a bullet style and trying to make it harder than usual to remove. I already have an existing dome outside, I may put it in the spot that I want and put the bullet in it's place. Things to think about.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I know the domes are not entirely vandal proof but they're aren't as easy to grab. I can't go with the turret style because I don't have an overhead ceiling to mount it on. I might consider just going with a bullet style and trying to make it harder than usual to remove. I already have an existing dome outside, I may put it in the spot that I want and put the bullet in it's place. Things to think about.
You have not done your research. A turret can be wall mounted just like a dome. Bullets are a poor choice as well. Start reading.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, I see what you mean with the wall mount plate. It's just that I'm trying to make the camera inconspicuous. That's why I like the mini dome, they don't seem so noticeable but I won't rule out a turret if it's small enough in size.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I see what you mean with the wall mount plate. It's just that I'm trying to make the camera inconspicuous. That's why I like the mini dome, they don't seem so noticeable but I won't rule out a turret if it's small enough in size.
No, no wall mount plate. EXACTLY the same way you would mount a dome.