Are these used 7 PTZ camaras a good deal?

Rockky

n3wb
Reaction score
6 Speco VL-6481RVF/B camaras and 1 Speco VL66 camara for $250? 6 domes 1 bullet.
Of course I'm a noob, he was using a dvr w mobile app, would I be better off w a NVR and a 3tb hd? Want to use 4 or 5 for my 1st home outdoor system. Does anyone know if these are better at night or day use? If NVR what would be a decent one, would Blue Iris be the preferred software...would that control the motors, provide motion detection and provide a mobile app? Use 5e or cat6 w these?
Sorry haven't been able to do days of research on all of this because i just ran into the guy and wonder if i should jump on it immediately. Thanks MUCH in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
6 Speco VL-6481RVF/B camaras and 1 Speco VL66 camara for $250? 6 domes 1 bullet.
Of course I'm a noob, he was using a dvr w mobile app, would I be better off w a NVR and a 3tb hd? Want to use 4 or 5 for my 1st home outdoor system. Does anyone know if these are better at night or day use? If NVR what would be a decent one, would Blue Iris be the preferred software...would that control the motors, provide motion detection and provide a mobile app? Use 5e or cat6 w these?
Sorry haven't been able to do days of research on all of this because i just ran into the guy and wonder if i should jump on it immediately. Thanks MUCH in advance.
That are a terrible deal at $0. They are low res analog cameras. They are not ptz, they are varifocal. Dont waste your time. They are not compatible with any NVR or blue iris.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @Rockky

In general, like most computer tech - security camera tech is evolving fairly quickly and that typically means that equipment like desktops, laptops, and security cameras which are 6 years old or older are typically over priced in the used market for their value.

Used security camera systems that I have often seen have rather old cameras which are not worth having. Better to look imho at new cameras, or at least at cameras models which have come out recently in the last 1-2 years.