Astak Mole x4, Motion Detection won't trigger:

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings: Long time Astak Mole camera user and I've been using the native software for years. It's difficult to have to manually reset four cameras if/when you decide to take off for a day or two. So I thought that BI would provide an easier solution.

I've downloaded the latest version today. Cameras are all installed and I can PTZ, and manually record to the hard drive. I can "test" the email feature and the "send SMS" feature, no problems there.

But I cannot get motion detection to trigger. I've spent all day, it's 0200 in the morning here now, hammering on this application trying to figure out where the problem lies.

I've read every post on this forum that has the word "motion". I can hit the "Trigger Now" button and get a trip.

Under "Motion/Trigger" I have the two sliders almost all the way to the left. I have "Object/Reject" unselected. I've selected Highlight Motion and Color + Brightness. I have "Use Mask and Hot Spot" unselected.

Under "Record", I have Video when triggered selected, and there is no schedule. So it's set for all of the time as near as I can tell. The schedule is all green.

I have one profile set up called Cam 2 Motion that I'm using for all of the cameras.

This is driving me NUTS! I thank you for you help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings: Long time Astak Mole camera user and I've been using the native software for years. It's difficult to have to manually reset four cameras if/when you decide to take off for a day or two. So I thought that BI would provide an easier solution.

I've downloaded the latest version today. Cameras are all installed and I can PTZ, and manually record to the hard drive. I can "test" the email feature and the "send SMS" feature, no problems there.

But I cannot get motion detection to trigger. I've spent all day, it's 0200 in the morning here now, hammering on this application trying to figure out where the problem lies.

I've read every post on this forum that has the word "motion". I can hit the "Trigger Now" button and get a trip.

Under "Motion/Trigger" I have the two sliders almost all the way to the left. I have "Object/Reject" unselected. I've selected Highlight Motion and Color + Brightness. I have "Use Mask and Hot Spot" unselected.

Under "Record", I have Video when triggered selected, and there is no schedule. So it's set for all of the time as near as I can tell. The schedule is all green.

I have one profile set up called Cam 2 Motion that I'm using for all of the cameras.

This is driving me NUTS! I thank you for you help.
Welcome to the forum..what is the traffic signal set to? it must be green OR in the settings for the traffic signal, disable record must be unchecked...
if that is not the issue, then delete the camera and add it again.

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. The traffic signal is Green. How do I get to the settings for the traffic signal?

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Deleted one camera, and reinstalled. Reset motion and record settings. No change, no trip.

Deleted all of the cameras, closed BI, rebooted, and installed one camera. No change. no trip.

Traffic light is green. Have video and audio on the cam. PTZ works.

Status shows that the camera is active.

What now?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Deleted one camera, and reinstalled. Reset motion and record settings. No change, no trip.

Deleted all of the cameras, closed BI, rebooted, and installed one camera. No change. no trip.

Traffic light is green. Have video and audio on the cam. PTZ works.

Status shows that the camera is active.

What now?
post your motion and recording settings.

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, on the top right of the main screen, the profiles should either be not selected at all or profile 1 should be selected. is that the case?

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It says "Cam 2 Motion Detection" and is the only profile that I've created. Is this what you're asking for?

Thanks.

Attachments

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank You Fenderman!!!! Wooooot woooooot. Its nice to have technical support that REFUSES TO GIVE UP!!!!. I now have all four cameras playing nicely together, and tripping just as designed. I really appreciate your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. To document the solution for others. The symptoms were that motion detection was not working AND the blue iris time stamp would freeze and not move fluidly. The video was fine though. The solution was disabling "use RTSP/stream time code" in the cameras video tab>configuration. @Wen, you might consider adding pre trigger frames to the record tab..this will give you some video before the event. Its set in frames so if you camera is set at 25fps, a settings of 25 will give your 1 second of pretrigger video. You might also want to set your break time, in the motion tab to 20 seconds instead of 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wen

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same issue here. I disabled use RTSP/stream time code. My setting across all cams are the same I just imported from my main can't and the Mole still doesn't pick up motion. I do hear it click when I am waving in front of it but that is the internal settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Same issue here. I disabled use RTSP/stream time code. My setting across all cams are the same I just imported from my main can't and the Mole still doesn't pick up motion. I do hear it click when I am waving in front of it but that is the internal settings.

post your motion settings.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What does that do? Don't I want object detection? But of course, I'll try when I am home.