Asus AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Bruce
I have the OpenVPN installed on my PC and phone and the VPN can be enable and connects to the server router, but my phone is unable to connect to blue Iris, after the Openvpn is enable, I go to google and enter the IP for blue Iris surge and it never finds it, I also purchased the blue iris app and it does not connect to my cameras.
I have use the Local IP external IP in blue iris and still not connecting, I am not sure If i am doing the correct procedure to find blue iris.
I use port 81to connect but under the serve system log is displaying this:

1602451781604.png

Under the blue iris remote access wizard if fails this step:

1602451995626.png

I am lost but not giving up yet, I hope you can set it up soon, any ideas would be appreciated, I hope is just a setting in the router that I am missing, I am suppose to port forward port 81 in the router? I am using the stock firmware
Please let me know,

Regards
Chewie

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you using parental control on the Asus router to block the BI mac address ?

Is OpenVPN enable on the asus router ? If so there is no need for OpenVPN on the on the local PC.

You do not need to do any port forwarding if the OpenVPN is on the router. Your port forwarding is in a loop for port 80.

I only use the ASUS manufacture software. I do not use DD-WRT as it caused me problems when i tried. As I said before, setting up the OpenVPN on an ASUS route is less than 1 hour work. Why are you using DD-WDT ?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello SY the parental control is off and OpenVPN is enable.

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why are you running DD-Wrt instead of the stock Asus firmware?
Hey Looney,
I have used DD-WRT on and off over many years on various router brands and models but I cannot pinpoint why right now but I like it. I use to Jailbreak my iPhone(s) for many years because of features and people would question that. I believe the majority of people are using VPN back to their home network instead of the easy to use P2P. It is a preference and I would like to keep DD-WRT for now. I know that is not a clear answer but I hope that helps you and others.

Ben

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
There is a comment I saw elsewhere that said:
"You need to push routes to you internal network. Add something like below to server.conf:
push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0"

I this done in the router/server, if it is, where do I do enter this route? please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie