Audio on nvr

oluwaseun

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought 2 hikvision Ds 2cd2432F-IW cameras and a Hikvision 7616 NVR from CHINA CCTV on ALi express, and am having a difficult time getting the audio to work on the NVR. When i connect the camera to my network router directly it works but to the NVR poe port i dont hear any audio

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought 2 hikvision Ds 2cd2432F-IW cameras and a Hikvision 7616 NVR from CHINA CCTV on ALi express, and am having a difficult time getting the audio to work on the NVR. When i connect the camera to my network router directly it works but to the NVR poe port i dont hear any audio
Welcome to the forum..in the camera video settings make sure "video and audio" is selected from the dropdown menu - not just "video"....audio will still work from the browser even if the camera is not set to audio..so its often overlooked.

oluwaseun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision nvr

My hikvision NVR i got from ali express will not stop making this beeping sound. how do i stop the beeping sound when nvr is turned on.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Until you have installed or formatted the internal HDD, under Configuration | Exception drop the 'Exception type' list down, select HDD error and untick the 'Audible warning' box.
Or untick any other exception that's active.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..in the camera video settings make sure "video and audio" is selected from the dropdown menu - not just "video"....audio will still work from the browser even if the camera is not set to audio..so its often overlooked.
Hi,

I have a DS-7616NI-E2 (edited post to include exact NVR model), using it with a POE switch - but my question is whether the (previously) recorded video contains the audio on the NVR-recorded video - even if "video and audio" is not selected?

I would think not, correct?

Thanks Fenderman for your feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the 7616 as well, using it with a POE switch - but my question is whether the (previously) recorded video contains the audio on the NVR-recorded video - even if "video and audio" is not selected?

I would think not, correct?

Thanks Fenderman for your feedback!
Welcome to the forum...you are correct, if audio is not selected then it is not encoded in the video.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...you are correct, if audio is not selected then it is not encoded in the video.
I just went into Record -> Parameters -> Record and saw that in "More Settings", there is another option of a tick/check-box to select "Record Audio" - would this be also required? (I selected it to be safe, but not sure if required)

Some of my HikVision 2CD2432F-I would not reboot and stated that there was an error when I selected "video and audio" - the ones (I assume) which succeeded rebooted themselves after applying the settings on the NVR.

Then, as the NVR is connected to one of my 1600x1200 Dell monitors via the VGA port, I am not sure how I can listen to the audio - as the NVR has only an RCA connector for Audio Out. Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@SuperFlyBoy Not sure about the NVR settings as I dont generally use Standalone NVR's...You should be able to listed to audio by using the web interface to the NVR...

Reaction score
@SuperFlyBoyNot sure about the NVR settings as I dont generally use Standalone NVR's...You should be able to listed to audio by using the web interface to the NVR...
Hi Fenderman, what do you think the best option for high-resolution recording with 3-4 MP cameras at full resolution and frame rate is? Would you still use a software-based solution on a standalone computer vs. an NVR?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, what do you think the best option for high-resolution recording with 3-4 MP cameras at full resolution and frame rate is? Would you still use a software-based solution on a standalone computer vs. an NVR?

Thanks!
I use blue iris. It is way more customizable than any NVR on the market and is only 60 dollars...you will need a haswell i5/i7 depending in the total resolution...how many cameras total and what res? (not sure if you mean 3x4mp or 3mp to 4mp cameras :) )

Reaction score
I use blue iris. It is way more customizable than any NVR on the market and is only 60 dollars...you will need a haswell i5/i7 depending in the total resolution...how many cameras total and what res? (not sure if you mean 3x4mp or 3mp to 4mp cameras :) )
12-16 3MP cameras @2048x1536, highest possible frame rate - I think these are 20 fps

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
12-16 3MP cameras @2048x1536, highest possible frame rate - I think these are 24 fpm
The cameras max at 20fps in 3mp mode..they can do 30 in 1080p....why do you need that high a frame rate...15 is more than enough for almost every application.
You would need an i7-4790 (about 500 dollars at the dell business outlet)...
Blue iris is adding hardware acceleration to improve performance but it is not out yet.
There are other packages that can run these cams in an i3, like exacq but they require a 50-150 PER camera license, depending on the features you need.

anishjp

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman: Sorry to hijack your post. My camera (DS-2CD2055FWD-I) do not support audio so I bought a powered mic and connected to the audio-in of NVR (DS-710iNI-SN/P). Also connected a powered speaker to the audio-out of NVR, still I cannot hear any audio either in the live-view or from the recorded video. Do I have to set "Video & Audio" in the camera settings (in the camera web interface) even though the camera that I use is not audio capable?

Link to my original post Connect microphone to Hikvision NVR
Regards,
Anish

Last edited: