Audio Setup on NVR

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A NVR which has a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS connected to it.

I belive this camera has inbuilt audio capabilites which as far as I can see it is enabled, but I cannot hear any audio at all.

If I log in to the camera itself and [Configuration > Video/Audio > Video] I have main, sub and third stream all set to Video&Audio under video type:
upload_2019-9-12_21-43-15.png

Under the Audio tab I have the following:

upload_2019-9-12_21-42-39.png

On the NVR Live View page, I have audio enabled:
upload_2019-9-12_21-45-13.png
(although I believe this is only for live viewing???)

I cannot hear anything, not even static or general noise. I'm assuming the audio is recorded over the ethernet network and through separate connection?

Can anyone assist with getting this working?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone assist with getting this working?
The device specs suggest you need an external microphone.
This camera also comes fitted with a range of smart features to further improve security such as intrusion detection, line crossing detection, defocus detection, face detection and object counting. There is an audio/alarm I/O to be used with an external microphone or speaker if audio is a necessity in your application.
Is there a pigtail that's labelled 'Audio in / Audio out' ?

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
I might well have misread the microphone being internal from the specs (or wishful thinking!!).

It does have a pigtail but cannot remember much about it apaet from a 4-way (I think)connector block and a BNC connector.
I cannot take a look as the camera is way up there and now inaccessible without a ladder.