Audio through cameras using BlueIris Discussion

Jdub

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Jbub. I had just figured my issue out before reading this but I appreciate your assistance. In my case I had to change the camera model to ProHD RTSP/HTTP instead of ProHD/IP2/3/4M Main Stream RTSP. That's really strange, since it IS an IP2 type camera. Still, that was the solution. Thanks again.
Glad you got it working! That's the same one I'm using. How is the audio quality when talking to the camera through the IOS or Android app?

Reaction score
Hmmmm....can't get sound to come from the android app...that sucks....I see that I have more work to do! My big thing was getting the alarms to play, but I want that android app to work as well.

sdbyrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm able to hit the mic button from my BI app and speak, but I hear the sound coming out of my computer rather than the camera itself. I CAN hear audio on my BI app from the camera just fine. I feel like I'm pretty close, but any suggestions for allowing me to "talk" from my iPhone app to the camera? It's a Wansview QS3 for reference. Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm able to hit the mic button from my BI app and speak, but I hear the sound coming out of my computer rather than the camera itself. I CAN hear audio on my BI app from the camera just fine. I feel like I'm pretty close, but any suggestions for allowing me to "talk" from my iPhone app to the camera? It's a Wansview QS3 for reference. Thank you!
Step 1 return the wansview if you can..it is bottom barrel garbage...

sdbyrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I've had quite a few of them for years & they serve the basic purpose I need for where they are. Aside from that, is it possible to pass the mic audio through to the camera via the BI app?