Auto tracking ptz ip camera and MINI PTZ IP Camera V2 Update file 20161017

kantzow

n3wb
Reaction score
I received three files, two of which had the same patch in them. The checksum was the same from what I could see, a simple lsmod in the telnet session revealed a driver loaded "an41908". This is a Panasonic Lens Driver IC - AN41908A, since this was also included in the filename of the bin file I decided to take the chance.

mistaspock

n3wb
Reaction score
Fascinating ... Hi Guys, I have got two types of Cameras that have the inverted PTZ problem. One Labeled : PTZ-DV2010N 20 and the other : CM405IP-V10. I ve been reading here a lot, asked both vendors for fix, but nothing helped yet. alastairstevenson was so kind to provide the rootpw for telnet-access. Since i am not such a great hacker like some of You guys , i could not really get a change with the interted PTZ behavior. I also tried out almost every FW-file i could find here but still no luck. I could even live with the inverted control but the up/down is somehow screwed so that the camera can only "look" from almost directly downwards to a bit more than 45° upwards. No horizonal possible.
Both cams have the Ambarella S2L Chipset, i took one apart - pics of the board are attached. The camera on the pics is in most upward position... Any help would be apreciated.
Live long and prosper ! Spock

20161214_090842.jpg 20161214_090854.jpg 20161202_132755.jpg 20161202_132809.jpg

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Fascinating ... Hi Guys, I have got two types of Cameras that have the inverted PTZ problem. One Labeled : PTZ-DV2010N 20 and the other : CM405IP-V10. I ve been reading here a lot, asked both vendors for fix, but nothing helped yet. alastairstevenson was so kind to provide the rootpw for telnet-access. Since i am not such a great hacker like some of You guys , i could not really get a change with the interted PTZ behavior. I also tried out almost every FW-file i could find here but still no luck. I could even live with the inverted control but the up/down is somehow screwed so that the camera can only "look" from almost directly downwards to a bit more than 45° upwards. No horizonal possible.
Both cams have the Ambarella S2L Chipset, i took one apart - pics of the board are attached. The camera on the pics is in most upward position... Any help would be apreciated.
Live long and prosper ! Spock

View attachment 13094 View attachment 13095 View attachment 13092 View attachment 13093

Curious was it shipped inverted to you or did it inverted at some point later like after a firmware upgrade? Perhaps maybe the cable is switch around in the camera? Need to ask someone with a V1 camera to take a inner photo for you to see if the wiring is not on backward etc.

Bill

mistaspock

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , thanks for Your thoughts and willingness to help. I flashed them with the wrong firmware. I ordered a couple of them from a local vendor, and when i set them up i realized that, event though all had same label, some options from the webgui where quite different. One had motion tracking others not. I asked the vendor about it and he send firmware. I flashed two cams, one was ok after that, the other one was inverted. The other inverted one has a similar story ;-) So I am quite sure none of the cables where switched, You may have noted the marks I made on the wireports to prevent any mistake with the wires. I believe some PTZ related parameters are incorrect. Well only Pan and Tilt, Zoom is still working ok.

Spock

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi , thanks for Your thoughts and willingness to help. I flashed them with the wrong firmware. I ordered a couple of them from a local vendor, and when i set them up i realized that, event though all had same label, some options from the webgui where quite different. One had motion tracking others not. I asked the vendor about it and he send firmware. I flashed two cams, one was ok after that, the other one was inverted. The other inverted one has a similar story ;-) So I am quite sure none of the cables where switched, You may have noted the marks I made on the wireports to prevent any mistake with the wires. I believe some PTZ related parameters are incorrect. Well only Pan and Tilt, Zoom is still working ok.

Spock

If it was my camera and I accidentally flashed wrong firmware , this what I would do to try fix it

Get the right factory firmware and flash it then do a hard factory reset if camera offer a way to do a factory reset

There is a post in this forum in how to recover bricked Huisun by telnet but I believe the guide is written for V2 camera if i remembered correctly. It may work similar for different version camera as long you have correct factory firmware and root access password.

Bill

mistaspock

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bill, it seems to be quite a problem to get the "right" firmware. First i contacted the vendor for proper FW. I have tried out 4 different updatefiles without any luck. Then i found this forum and i tried every firmware i could find here. Nothing helped. Today I had contact to some friendly Chinese, who checked the damn thing using teamviewer. It took about 90 mins. until he found a solution. Now my cams are cured. The file below repaired the inverted pan and tilt, maybe it helps somebody else ...
Thanks Bill !
Live long and prosper !

Spock

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting.
Thanks for sharing.
They have replaced a 12 July 2016 version of M342_MiniPtz.bin with a January 26 2016 version.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Bill, it seems to be quite a problem to get the "right" firmware. First i contacted the vendor for proper FW. I have tried out 4 different updatefiles without any luck. Then i found this forum and i tried every firmware i could find here. Nothing helped. Today I had contact to some friendly Chinese, who checked the damn thing using teamviewer. It took about 90 mins. until he found a solution. Now my cams are cured. The file below repaired the inverted pan and tilt, maybe it helps somebody else ...
Thanks Bill !
Live long and prosper !

Spock

Awesome Glad you got it fixed!

And thank you for sharing the fix

Bill

shojus102

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE 22 Nov 2016

I flashed a firmware file provided by members of this forum, the result was a success in restoring the PTZ motion. The firmware file is only 8KB leading me to believe this is only a minor fix, perhaps a few parameters. Regardless the fix worked.

I've attached the firmware update here, I used this with my camera after updating using the firmware and kernel in this thread.

ALL FLASHING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK - Don't embark on these ventures if you are not prepared to brick your device in case something goes wrong.

NOTE: The applied patch did not fix the issue with Hikvision NVR not being able to control PTZ on the camera. This issue remains.

THIS file is what corrected my camera with the issues it had with rebooting AND the inverted controls! I have flashed over 5 different files over the span of 2-3 months and have not been able to get this camera working, but this did the trick and it even is able to view a bigger area now that it goes further upwards! THANKS SO MUCH for listing this fix and it was much appreciated! So if anyone has any of the issues that I mention and has the proper camera, than flash this in the "upgrade" tab in your browser, and BAM, you now have a 100% working cam! Lovin it... :)

Reaction score
Thanks Bill !
Live long and prosper !

Spock
What is a password for this file? Thank you

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When doing a firmware update via the camera web GUI or the updater tool, no password is required.
The firmware updater is able to open the file in its original .zip form.

Reaction score
I have camera from aliexpress (but not huisun, it is unitoptek or something like that) with firmware:

Program Version V2.0.1 Build 20161012152123S
Control Version MiniPtz_V2.0.1_build201610101653
Web Page Version 1.1.1 Build 20161012
Plugin Version 2.0.1.45

I have a problem with this camera. Image at night is very dark. In a day it is great image. Secondly, my camera has got micro SD slot card. I can record but when card is full camera doesn't want to overwrite. I think someting is wrong with firmware. And sometimes it reboot itself. Do you think this firmware will be good? Maybe somebody knows what flash chip has got this camera - 4MB, 8MB or something else?

Alfabi

n3wb
Reaction score
im have better stabilyty on fog... sometime camera freeze on fog and need reconnect manually now works without reconnect

Reaction score
Does somebody know what is login and the password for telnet connection on port 3232?

semiglav

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Bill !
Live long and prosper !

Spock
Thank you for sharing! I had the same problems with PTZ. This file solved the problem! Thanks!

topghia97

n3wb
Reaction score