Battery Backups for NVR & Bi pc

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also bought a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD last year during Black Friday when my 10yr old APC shot craps. No issues so far.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never had an issue in 15 years with any ups not switching fast enough. Only time they've "failed" is when it's been time to replace the batteries.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if there is a UPS that could keep my BI machine running for over a hour? It's about 100 watt machine.
gonna be cheaper to build a new BI machine that runs off 30-50W

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that didn't give me any warm and fuzzies.
Did you end up using one? Installed mine last week, hp box with BI, 2 zyxel 8port poe+ switches with 6 cams, Asus router,cable modem, and hdmi extender, gives me an estimated time of 19 minutes in the daytime, haven't checked the difference with IR turned on.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you end up using one? Installed mine last week, hp box with BI, 2 zyxel 8port poe+ switches with 6 cams, Asus router and hdmi extender, gives me an estimated time of 19 minutes in the daytime, haven't checked the difference with IR turned on.
take your extender off the battery side..no need to have that running during an outage.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you end up using one? Installed mine last week, hp box with BI, 2 zyxel 8port poe+ switches with 6 cams, Asus router and hdmi extender, gives me an estimated time of 19 minutes in the daytime, haven't checked the difference with IR turned on.
Yes I did. It's been running a week and no problems. Based on that review, I get a chance, I may tear it apart and check the soldering job.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
take your extender off the battery side..no need to have that running during an outage.
Agreed, I have to address the cooling issue in the server case first before I try cramming the UPS in there... sitting at 102 degrees inside... good catch though, I didn't even think about it to be honest.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I did. It's been running a week and no problems. Based on that review, I get a chance, I may tear it apart and check the soldering job.
Curious are you happy with the UPS?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, not had any power outages as yet, but testing by yanking the plug from the wall works.

Last edited:

mr_guns

n3wb
Reaction score
Very helpful inputs, thanks. Just ordered CyberPower PFC Sinewave Computer Battery Backup, 1500VA 900W UPS, 10 Outlets.