Battery powered camera wifi and works with Blue iris

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings,

Those anyone know if there are cameras available , battery powered, wifi , weatherproof and working with blue iris?

I would like to strap one on my dog , I got a couple of hectares of forest and am Curious what he does when we are not around. If the battery works for about 2 hours that would be enough.

The reolink pro looks nice and exactly what I need , except it does not seems to be working with Blue iris.
Reolink Argus® 2: Wire-Free Battery & Solar Powered Security Camera

Many thanks,
Cor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Those anyone know if there are cameras available , battery powered, wifi , weatherproof and working with blue iris?

I would like to strap one on my dog , I got a couple of hectares of forest and am Curious what he does when we are not around. If the battery works for about 2 hours that would be enough.

The reolink pro looks nice and exactly what I need , except it does not seems to be working with Blue iris.

Many thanks,
Cor
https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-FlexPower-Compliant-Wire-Free-VNC4030-111PAS/dp/B075S18L1G, the range will likely be insufficient.
You are much better off using something like a dashcam/go pro and recording to sd.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings,

Many thanks,
Cor
GoPro with a proper doggie mount.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Forget about keeping any camera with a wifi connection active while wandering in a forest.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
that said, wouldn't it be convenient if such a camera COULD connect via wifi when in range and automatically upload whatever was recorded since last time.
that would be great feature in a dash cam, if there aren't any that already do that...

what about those SD card that have wifi built in? not sure how those work...

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all ,

Thanks for the replies.
@bp2008 & @SouthernYankee : Outside , on most of my property I have wifi coverage, so I think wifi camera will most of the times work , ( got 8 ubiquity hotspots setup, when I drive by with my car, it automatically connects to the next one.)
@pozzello : That would be the best offcourse , if someone knows a product like that , I would like to hear about it.
@looney2ns : no I would like something which uploads to blue iris.
@fenderman : Yep , something like that is what I am looking for , but I can't find it in Europe unfortunately...

Thanks,
Cor

Reaction score
Hello all ,

Outside , on most of my property I have wifi coverage, so I think wifi camera will most of the times work , ( got 8 ubiquity hotspots setup, when I drive by with my car, it automatically connects to the next one.)

Cor,
i know this is off topic for ICT, but i have been looking to do this on my property and have been leaning towards the Ubiquity product line. which products did you use, how did you go about running them, are some solar powered? (in reference to how much acreage your covering, i have 10 i wouldn’t mind getting full coverage on), thanks for any information you can provide

Reaction score
Ah, so none working any further than a POE run. Thank you for the info. The coverage i am looking for will require solar/battery repeaters

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Poe 100 meters.
The wifi only radiates for ca 80-100 meters, the problem will be the client, the power of for example your cellphone will not be enough to get to the wifi AP. So that will be the limiting factor.
Cor