Best alternative for Live monitor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the thread. I just received my refurbished Dell and 8TB HDD and moved the OS to the 256GB SSD. I was about to download BI and get going on that, but wondered about the display option, especially after reviewing the videos @Dasstrum posted. I assumed that most people run the box headless (no monitor keyboard or mouse locally) after the initial install, maybe using the web UI? is this correct? Does it have all the needed configuration etc functionality that i would have if i sat in front of the server that runs the BI instance? Or is placing the box in a hard to reach location going to drive me nuts?

I would assume that one could have several live view going to remote clients with virtually no performance (CPU) hit, as it is essentially multicast of a live stream. Is the live stream app different than the administration app? I guess i will find out shortly.
first thing to do is to install a clean version of 10 on there...use the media creation tool by MS.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yep, did all that yesterday. it all went well. I downloaded BI, but have not begun the install yet. it still has a head.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the thread. I just received my refurbished Dell and 8TB HDD and moved the OS to the 256GB SSD. I was about to download BI and get going on that, but wondered about the display option, especially after reviewing the videos @Dasstrum posted. I assumed that most people run the box headless (no monitor keyboard or mouse locally) after the initial install, maybe using the web UI? is this correct? Does it have all the needed configuration etc functionality that i would have if i sat in front of the server that runs the BI instance? Or is placing the box in a hard to reach location going to drive me nuts?

I would assume that one could have several live view going to remote clients with virtually no performance (CPU) hit, as it is essentially multicast of a live stream. Is the live stream app different than the administration app? I guess i will find out shortly.
I would get used to BI running locally, before venturing into headless. It's more personal preference than anything.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have my computer on a top shelf of a closet running without a monitor/keyboard.

I have it setup using Chrome Remote Desktop and just remote in anytime I want. All my videos I've made have been this way too with screen capture only capturing remote desktop screen view.