Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I ordered those two things, if this does not work I give up. I will just once again have a good daytime camera.

I think I did this right. I multiplied volts 12v times amps 2, and that gives me 24 watts. If I did that right even allowing for the 100' Cat6 run there still should be plenty wattage left to power the camera. I hope.
But what's the spec on the output side? Can that splitter accommodate 24w?

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just got my HS-SCB415IP-V10-E HUISUN Camera 2nd Generation 1080P bullet PTZ camera IP POE today. Paid $134 and it was shipped through UPS and was extremely fast once it got into shipping companies hands. I can imagine not far into future that China shipments will almost be overnight if things continue to improve like they have. Incredible.
This ought to be a fun camera to use.! :D

I thought I would update my post with a picture of Coco Coa. This was the person I ordered mine from. Almost wish we had video chat during the purchase. :rapture:
coco.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But what's the spec on the output side? Can that splitter accommodate 24w?
The output on the power supply is 12v with 2amps. The injector/splitter kit is passive. All they do is pass the power along. I did read all the questions and reviews and a few peeps are using it with a 2amp power supply. When I get it the first way I will try is use the power supply with the injector part of the kit hooked to the cat6 cable and just have the cat6 cable fed directly to the poe part of the camera. I think the poe board is still good as the camera does work, but may just be under powered. Then if that don't work I will add the passive splitter at the camera end just in case it is the poe board. If that don't work... well... I got good PTZ daytime cam and a stationary night cam. **sigh**

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My V2 arrived today! package looks pristine!!

tonight will dig on with POE+. I will follow directions like a Hik cam to hook up.. any other tricks? I am running ivms 4200..pics of what I got, see anything goofy? I find the watts voltage very strange as it says max 12v and 12 watts

already a question..how the hell you get cover off to insert sd card..the little ring tool is weird. Also does the foam need adjustment? See pic 2..looks off..thanks for help..0 directions
got cover off from pics on ali, sd card will not push in dammit..also the pick looks like the foam ring is not against the front..is this normal...hate to rip apart to fix

rereading threads..sadp update did trick...working..now playing..will update..this forum rocks

update.. Wow..got ivms4500 working and remote with vpn..full ptz focus control..if this camera lasts 2 years ill be thrilled.. Now just have to figure out how to get sd card in

Attachments

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I get it the first way I will try is use the power supply with the injector part of the kit hooked to the cat6 cable and just have the cat6 cable fed directly to the poe part of the camera. I think the poe board is still good as the camera does work, but may just be under powered. *
Not sure I understand but the way I read what this says, I would not advise. If you use the passive "splitter" you should use both ends. If you attach the 12vdc supply at the "injector" end and connect the cat 6 directly to the camera, you will be tying the power supply to the poe terminals on the camera. POE is a 48vdc standard and the polarity is specified. Not sure whatt happens to polarity (mainly ground) in this splitter. Could kill the camera poe if wired wrong.

Maybe not. But it surely won't work this way (12vdc on poe) and you might kill it.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure where to find that..is it
program version? That says v2.0.1

heh btw, thanks for all the advice..amazing cam

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any advice to get sd card in? Seems like the door is closed and will not push in..love to get that in and formatted

Lessons learned
cannot adjust camera properties in ivms4200nvr..went to access camera direct..switched image video to 60htz from 50.. Crappy to poor video..had to close window and redo to get back to 50..then reboot cycle..all back..wonder if i should try 60 or is 50 correct.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Jack got back to me..wow..no words buck pics..here is how i guess i can get to sd card...and assume i can push foam back in..will update

card in..formatted thru internet explorer. Foam no chance to put all the way back without complete disassembly..doesnt seem to hurt anything

Attachments

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure I understand but the way I read what this says, I would not advise. If you use the passive "splitter" you should use both ends. If you attach the 12vdc supply at the "injector" end and connect the cat 6 directly to the camera, you will be tying the power supply to the poe terminals on the camera. POE is a 48vdc standard and the polarity is specified. Not sure whatt happens to polarity (mainly ground) in this splitter. Could kill the camera poe if wired wrong.

Maybe not. But it surely won't work this way (12vdc on poe) and you might kill it.
Oh, I thought that since the power supply output was 12v 2A and the camera required 12V 1.5A that it would be fine. Did not know that POE was based on 48vdc. So, I guess I will use both parts of the passive poe injector/splitter along with the power supply.
Went with the 2a since it is on a 100' run.

Oh, for those asking I finally remembered to check the night time voltage. It is 11.7 - 11.8

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering adding one of these to my setup. Do you guys like them? I only have the option to use POE (dedicated network poe switch). Will this work reliably? Seems like what i am reading is sketchy. For the price it looks neat.

Thanksm
Rich

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried this: http://www.diysecuritycameraworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157&products_id=620

style of poe adapter with your switch or would that get to hot?

Oh, I thought that since the power supply output was 12v 2A and the camera required 12V 1.5A that it would be fine. Did not know that POE was based on 48vdc. So, I guess I will use both parts of the passive poe injector/splitter along with the power supply.
Went with the 2a since it is on a 100' run.

Oh, for those asking I finally remembered to check the night time voltage. It is 11.7 - 11.8

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried this: http://www.diysecuritycameraworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157&products_id=620

style of poe adapter with your switch or would that get to hot?
Yesterday late evening I got it all done. I went ahead and used all three parts. The 12v 2a power supply and the passive poe injector/splitter.
Good news is that I was able to zoom all the way and it did not go through the power reboot dance.
Bad news is that the camera lost all the presets and event setups. Plus was not focusing properly.
Was a mite to upset to mess with it so I left it be till today. Currently I have used the camera login and BI to reset up all the presets and event. Luckily BI had kept them but since the camera lost them I had to go through them again and redo with the camera. Pain in the butt that the camera reboots between every single preset set. I also found the focus problem, for some reason it had changed in the camera settings to semi-auto and not full auto, put it back on full auto. Semi gets you close, but no banana.
So, I will see tonight after dark if it going to behave. I sure hope so.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
The reason PoE works on 48V is to compensate for the voltage losses across a long string of skinny wire.
The 'consuming' PoE device has circuitry to lower that voltage down to the 12V the cameras systems needs,
assuming it's working.

If the internal PoE board is bad and must be bypassed (which is unclear), AND you have a long run,
then you need to use a higher VOLTAGE of power supply into your passive injector/splitter (maybe 14-15v), not a higher current...

If you're putting in only 12V with passive injector, and you're running more than 20 ft or so, you'll have voltage drop
such that the cam won't be getting 12V. at 11V or lower, it might just not work at all. transient dips in voltage (due to
motors running or IR LED's firing up) will also cause the cam to reboot, like you are experiencing.

95% of these sorts of issues are due to faulty wiring. If you haven't bench-tested the cam with a short known-good wire
and known-good PoE or other power supply, you could fart around forever and never get it working right...

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday late evening I got it all done. I went ahead and used all three parts. The 12v 2a power supply and the passive poe injector/splitter.
Good news is that I was able to zoom all the way and it did not go through the power reboot dance.
Bad news is that the camera lost all the presets and event setups. Plus was not focusing properly.
Was a mite to upset to mess with it so I left it be till today. Currently I have used the camera login and BI to reset up all the presets and event. Luckily BI had kept them but since the camera lost them I had to go through them again and redo with the camera. Pain in the butt that the camera reboots between every single preset set. I also found the focus problem, for some reason it had changed in the camera settings to semi-auto and not full auto, put it back on full auto. Semi gets you close, but no banana.
So, I will see tonight after dark if it going to behave. I sure hope so.
When I try to set a preset in my V2 in BI the cam restarts itself and the preset fails to take. Everything else works OK, so I just set the presets via the browser interface.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
when you 'Edit presets' in BI, you are NOT editing them on the camera. All that screen does (mostly) is map BI preset names to
the name used to INVOKE the preset on the camera (which may be different). You're probably seeing a bug in the cam that
causes it to reboot when you invoke/call a preset that doesn't exist on the camera. So yeah, the only way to do it is to
edit the presets in the cam UI, as you've figured out.

But that's not a BI problem. or a PoE problem. It's a between-the-ear-muffs problem... :headphones:

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I try to set a preset in my V2 in BI the cam restarts itself and the preset fails to take. Everything else works OK, so I just set the presets via the browser interface.
Did you set the preset using logging into the camera itself first? I always have the Camera login using IE and BI open at the same time. (2 monitors) I position the camera first using IE and the camera login, then I click on what preset number I want, then hit "set". Then I move over to BI quickly and mouse click hold down the same preset number until it "pops back up". That is when the camera reboots, but the preset does take. It is just annoying setting up one at a time and waiting between each preset setting.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The reason PoE works on 48V is to compensate for the voltage losses across a long string of skinny wire.
The 'consuming' PoE device has circuitry to lower that voltage down to the 12V the cameras systems needs,
assuming it's working.

If the internal PoE board is bad and must be bypassed (which is unclear), AND you have a long run,
then you need to use a higher VOLTAGE of power supply into your passive injector/splitter (maybe 14-15v), not a higher current...

If you're putting in only 12V with passive injector, and you're running more than 20 ft or so, you'll have voltage drop
such that the cam won't be getting 12V. at 11V or lower, it might just not work at all. transient dips in voltage (due to
motors running or IR LED's firing up) will also cause the cam to reboot, like you are experiencing.

95% of these sorts of issues are due to faulty wiring. If you haven't bench-tested the cam with a short known-good wire
and known-good PoE or other power supply, you could fart around forever and never get it working right...
Yup, I think it is a voltage thing. I just checked the voltage using the camera UI (night time with IR's on) and it is polling about 10.5 - 10.8 volts. Happily all seems to be working now. But if I ever get another one of these cameras I will go ahead and get the higher voltage power supply.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you set the preset using logging into the camera itself first? I always have the Camera login using IE and BI open at the same time. (2 monitors) I position the camera first using IE and the camera login, then I click on what preset number I want, then hit "set". Then I move over to BI quickly and mouse click hold down the same preset number until it "pops back up". That is when the camera reboots, but the preset does take. It is just annoying setting up one at a time and waiting between each preset setting.
You should only need to set each preset in the browser, then they will just work in BI without having to do the BI part of your process above.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"Then I move over to BI quickly and mouse click hold down the same preset number until it "pops back up". That is when the camera reboots,"

Then don't do that. Sheesh...