Best fixed lens IP camera for low light?

Reaction score
It's always tricky trying to figure out what the current best cameras are on here since there's just so much information. I'm just looking for the best camera for low light with a fixed lens. I'm ok with turret or bullet, etc. I've seen the IPC-T5442TM-AS mentioned, but it's 4MP and I thought 4MP cameras usually weren't as good as 2MP for low light.

I have a 16mm M12 1/2" zoom lens I plan to use with it, if that makes a difference.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's always tricky trying to figure out what the current best cameras are on here since there's just so much information. I'm just looking for the best camera for low light with a fixed lens. I'm ok with turret or bullet, etc. I've seen the IPC-T5442TM-AS mentioned, but it's 4MP and I thought 4MP cameras usually weren't as good as 2MP for low light.

I have a 16mm M12 1/2" zoom lens I plan to use with it, if that makes a difference.
That is only generally the case if the sensor size is the same. These 4mp cameras have large 1/1.8" sensors.

Pavel-V

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the whole line there are only two options for low light. "1/2.8 2Mpx CMOS Sony Starvis" VS "1/1,8 4Mpx CMOS". upgrade for IPC-HFW2231T-ZS - higher details day or night

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using Blue Iris in your setup? If so, might want to try Hikvision's ColorVu turret that's been said here to be exceptionally good :)