Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

i wanna buy an NVR with following features:

- perfect compatibility with onvif protocol
- ablke to be connected to china cameras that support onvif protocol
- motion detection registration

- good mobile app
- complete support for all browsers

Is not a question of money, i mean i'm ready to pay 400 USD only i wanna something very compatible and ready to be used with any ONVIF cameras. I would like more to pay a lot of money for an NVR than pay a lot for single cameras ( maybe i ask too much ?? ). I was near to buy DUHA and Hikvision NVR but i read they work fine with their branded cameras, if u have no brand or other brand camera immediatly they dont work fine and they dont support any avanced feature like the basic motion detection that i think is really basic feature if u wanna implement a basic system to protect your home.

I bought already a cheap NVR for ONVIF cameras ( around 40 USD ) it was working fine, only i didnt like at all his very stupid mobile app and the compatibility only with Intern Explorer very old version.

I have a QNAP and i tried also their application, it doesnt works fine with ONVIF cameras. Only with famous branded cameras.

Any brand, models idea ?

PS: i dont want to have a dedicated PC, i know is more easy to find a good NVR software than a good Hardware NVR but i would something stand alone always online and not a big pc.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are making the incorrect assumption that your cheap cameras will properly comply with onvif....

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Go with Hikvision NVR, it least it's known that it works well with no brand cams that are popular here such as Huisun/Longse using Hikvision or ONVIF protocols. Dahua NVR is a good choice too, but I don't any experience or know if they work well with those cams.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
- perfect compatibility with onvif protocol
As stated above, Hikvision and Dahua have ONVIF formal accreditation.
- ablke to be connected to china cameras that support onvif protocol
As also stated above - this depends on the cameras, not the NVRs. The 'china cameras' do not generally have ONVIF accreditation.
But having said that, I've connected maybe 7 different Chinese brands to Hikvision NVRs, and all have connected OK, though most of them don't support ONVIF event notifications (eg for motion)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont believe unicorns really exist..

if you want perfect compatibility, you dont mix and match hardware vendors in an all-hardware setup..