Best NVR with cloud features like Push

Reaction score
Hi. I recently switched from a Vivint system to Dahua wired NVR system with / alarm.com combo. the cameras and NVR system is cool but I’m extremely disappointed in the lack of basic features like push notifications on motion alerts. This is for a home system and the ability to be notified when there is a person detected is kind of important, otherwise what’s the point? Should I rip out the Dahua NVR and go with a Lorex system? i have been reading and it seems like lotex cameras are compatible with Dahua NVR and vice versa, right? Or if I go with a Lorex DVR do I need to replace all the cameras with Lorex cameras?
I was thinking of going with a full cloud system but my Charter spectrum fiber only gives me a few MB upload and it would eat my bandwidth completely.

is there another system I should be looking at? Will Lorex give me the push notifications I want?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I recently switched from a Vivint system to Dahua wired NVR system with / alarm.com combo. the cameras and NVR system is cool but I’m extremely disappointed in the lack of basic features like push notifications on motion alerts. This is for a home system and the ability to be notified when there is a person detected is kind of important, otherwise what’s the point? Should I rip out the Dahua NVR and go with a Lorex system? i have been reading and it seems like lotex cameras are compatible with Dahua NVR and vice versa, right? Or if I go with a Lorex DVR do I need to replace all the cameras with Lorex cameras?
I was thinking of going with a full cloud system but my Charter spectrum fiber only gives me a few MB upload and it would eat my bandwidth completely.

is there another system I should be looking at? Will Lorex give me the push notifications I want?
The dahua has push notifications.....this is just user error
Most lorex systems are made by dahua...dahua just sold lorex ....
A complete cloud system is garbage and a joke.

If you really want total control and a plethora of notification options Run Blue iris on a pc.