Best ram for integrated gpu

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all!
I am uograding my blueiris server. I choose an i5-7400 with a te 630 as integrated gpu.
So the million dollar question: how much important is the frequency of the ram? Ddr4 at 2400 la a good choice or i need a much higher frequency? Like 2600 or up?
Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
RAM frequency doesn't really matter unless your application requires an extremely high amount of memory bandwidth, and I don't think Blue Iris does.

Not that Blue Iris is light on memory.

My heavily loaded system (635 megapixels per second) is reading about 4-5 GB/s and writing about 4-5 GB/s to memory, when in service mode. With the GUI open on a 4K monitor it increases to about 7.5 GB/s read and 6 GB/s write. Trouble is, I don't know how close that is to the limit of a modern PC.

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting. But i know that integrated gpus use the system memory for their operation. So much higher frequency on memory system equals in highter performance of the integrated gpu.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That would make sense.

I just don't know if faster RAM will make Blue Iris be able to handle more cameras or higher FPS, or if it would be a waste of money.

Certainly it is a waste of money if you aren't pushing the limits of the system anyway.