Best value / performance PTZ for home usage?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking for the best bang for buck PTZ camera that has really good low light performance.

ideally min of 4mp ...

auto tracking would be great but not a dealbreaker.

would like a decent zoom ability of more than 4x if possible.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

siriusy

n3wb
Reaction score
$500? He asked about value. Maybe you get your money's worth with that one, but its certainly not a bargain.

Or something like that would be a better value at $120 per pop.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
$500? He asked about value. Maybe you get your money's worth with that one, but its certainly not a bargain.

Joshwah asked for "best bang for buck". Also asked for really good low light performance. IMO that camera covers both options along with smart tracking. I got mine for $345 so that's why I suggested it. By all means next time tell me why my opinion is wrong.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Oh gawd, Your new so I'll be gentle, stay away from no name crap cams like that one. I'll lay odds that one is terrible after dark.
Be very careful purchasing cams from Amazon or Ebay. Unless it's a trusted vendor such as EmpireTech Andy | IP Cam Talk.
Tons of junk being peddled.
The hik mentioned is a good choice or this one: See here
You need to spend time with the wiki.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

the 120$ is junk...i bought one..and return it after 1 min of use.

siriusy

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh gawd, Your new so I'll be gentle, stay away from no name crap cams like that one. I'll lay odds that one is terrible after dark.
Be very careful purchasing cams from Amazon or Ebay. Unless it's a trusted vendor such as EmpireTech Andy | IP Cam Talk.
Tons of junk being peddled.
The hik mentioned is a good choice or this one: See here
You need to spend time with the wiki.
Fair enough as I don't have that specific camera, but I do have a couple cheap ones from Jidetech which have a similar price point and specs and they are awesome. I have about 15 camera between my office and home. Some of them are Hikvision, Dahua, Trendnet, etc. I'd say the Jidetech is the best bang for the buck. The pan and tilt is a little sluggish, but aside from that, its great. I suppose it may depend on the application, but for me, $500 would be a waste.

I'd also like to add that I am not any kind of authority on this subject. I wouldn't even call myself an enthusiast. There are probably lots of things I haven't considered.

Last edited:

mow4cash

n3wb
Reaction score
Joshwah asked for "best bang for buck". Also asked for really good low light performance. IMO that camera covers both options along with smart tracking. I got mine for $345 so that's why I suggested it. By all means next time tell me why my opinion is wrong.
Where did you find the camera for $345. It seems like a great option at that price.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very. Exceeded my expectations.
hello coney27
can you provide me with more details on this camera, like the name of it or model number.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look at #2 post in this thread.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
do you have the link where you purchased this camera? I try the links that you posted on # 11 post but it does not go anywhere I get an error can't find it

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cant find a working link for some reason but this is the name of my supplier I use without issue.

Shenzhen DSD Technology Co., Limited

Search for them under suppliers on Alibaba

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is a sample of the smart tracking. I have tweaked the cameras setting since then to optimize the captures.
Also I have attached a screen shot zoomed all the way out of the roving gang in my neighborhood and also another screen shot of a suspicious vehicle which was parked approximately 120 feet away from the camera.

I'll try to upload another video later displaying the smart tracking.

Attachments

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Do you have a picture of how it looks outside your home from the street? I am genuinely interested.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a sample of the smart tracking. I have tweaked the cameras setting since then to optimize the captures.
Also I have attached a screen shot zoomed all the way out of the roving gang in my neighborhood and also another screen shot of a suspicious vehicle which was parked approximately 120 feet away from the camera.

I'll try to upload another video later displaying the smart tracking.
Hello coney27
I was able to find the store but not the model of cameras, I send a message to Juan lets see if they respond .
Do you have night vision clips or pictures? I would like to see that\, have you have any problems with it?
Please let us know.
Regards.
Chewie