BI 5 is live - Better AI alerts

crobusa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just upgraded to BI5, using the 100MB download on the main page.
Interestingly, they have a new option for AI-person detection for more accurate alerting, which forwards to
https://www.smartsentry.ai/blue-iris

15 day trial, + $50/yr afterwards for 10+ cameras (For $40 more, they throw in an extra BI license)
According to the FAQ, it's BI using Sentry API, and uses BI's alert notifications... I was hoping for something like license plate recognition, or MS Face API to tell you who it is, but this seems to be a bit more basic for now.

I am already at 80-95% CPU, but that was the same for BI 4, I need to work on optimizing.

Good luck all,

crobusa

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just upgraded to BI5, using the 100MB download on the main page.
Interestingly, they have a new option for AI-person detection for more accurate alerting, which forwards to
https://www.smartsentry.ai/blue-iris

15 day trial, + $50/yr afterwards for 10+ cameras (For $40 more, they throw in an extra BI license)
According to the FAQ, it's BI using Sentry API, and uses BI's alert notifications... I was hoping for something like license plate recognition, or MS Face API to tell you who it is, but this seems to be a bit more basic for now.

I am already at 80-95% CPU, but that was the same for BI 4, I need to work on optimizing.

Good luck all,

crobusa
FYI, There is an entire section of this forum dedicated to sentry alerts. It was implemented in BI4. LPR will be coming as the release notes indicate. See wiki for optimizing blue iris.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hoping to jump the gun on June 1st, the 'Check for Updates' button either fails to connect (busy?) or else it says I have the latest version. I did download the full version 5 from the webpage, but am hesitant to install it over the existing installation.

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just installed mine and the web server interface isnt working. Change the http path to the correct blue iris 5 folder but getting this error

Attachments

hdcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hoping to jump the gun on June 1st, the 'Check for Updates' button either fails to connect (busy?) or else it says I have the latest version. I did download the full version 5 from the webpage, but am hesitant to install it over the existing installation.
You should be fine to install the full 5.0 version over the old version. Reboot if prompted. Open BI 5 and it will say you're good to delete version 4. Uninstall Version 4, but make sure to click NO on the prompt to delete stored settings.

Just this on my BI machine, and all is well.

Looks great so far. Only gripe is the navigation pane seems to be moved to the left and there does not appear to be away to either undock or move back to the right side of the UI.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Installing now just saw the installer file on there website...

Running into error after installation when launching it says the service console version must match ?

Anyone has any idea how to resolve this ?

Last edited:

hdcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed mine and the web server interface isnt working. Change the http path to the correct blue iris 5 folder but getting this error
try chrome
BI web-server is broken for me too. Using Chrome on both localhost and remote. BI webserver responds, but with 404 message. BI machine shows it's listening on Port 81 using loopback 0.0.0.0.

Packet capture connecting to BI web server from remote machine:

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: BlueServer/5.0.0.42
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 01:28:49 GMT
P3P: CP="CAO COR CURa ADMa DEVa OUR IND ONL COM DEM PRE"
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Set-Cookie: session=6b0b21XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0840b93d777658; path=/
Connection: Close

404 not found

hdcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
Also note.... If you had BI 4 setup as a service, you will need to set that up again in BI5 settings. Apparently that setting did not migrate over.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks great so far. Only gripe is the navigation pane seems to be moved to the left and there does not appear to be away to either undock or move back to the right side of the UI.
I also wish there was the option to pick which side it appears on. When I asked Ken about it he said, “The clips on the left aligns better with UI3 browser look and feel. Will consider options ... change always takes a bit to get used to.”

So it wouldn’t hurt to email support and request the option.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BI web-server is broken for me too
You'll need to manually edit the web server folder path in BI Options > Web server tab. It is stuck pointing at BI 4's old folder. I recall the same thing happening with the BI 3.x to 4.x upgrade too.

I'm working on a migration guide which I'll sticky in the Blue Iris section of the forum. Here it is: Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

Last edited:

hdcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
I also wish there was the option to pick which side it appears on. When I asked Ken about it he said, “The clips on the left aligns better with UI3 browser look and feel. Will consider options ... change always takes a bit to get used to.”

So it wouldn’t hurt to email support and request the option.
Agreed. I already emailed support asking for an option to move it. ;) This new UI presents a problem for some of us using multiple monitors, especially via remote desktop, this pane is now visually farthest away and if monitors are angled, makes it even harder to see/use.

hdcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
You'll need to manually edit the web server folder path in BI Options > Web server tab. It is stuck pointing at BI 4's old folder. I recall the same thing happening with the BI 3.x to 4.x upgrade too.

I'm working on a migration guide which I'll sticky in the Blue Iris section of the forum.
I just noticed that and you beat to this post. ;) Thanks.

Also noticed several of the registry settings still point to version 4's folder.

Even updating to the new 5.0 WWW root, the error below is thrown. The only way around this for me is to login with a hard coded URL... i.e. http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXXX/user=xxxxxx&pw=xxxxx.

upload_2019-5-31_19-8-24.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So I got the BI5 going license activated.. However when I imported my setting for camera... BI5 seems to have disappeared. I mean I cannot see the app. I do see the process running..

hdcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
So I got the BI5 going license activated.. However when I imported my setting for camera... BI5 seems to have disappeared. I mean I cannot see the app. I do see the process running..
It's normal for the UI to disappear when the service is being used. Check BI settings, startup tab and see if use system tray option is enabled. That is one way or make a link to launch as needed.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Migration guide is here: Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

Even updating to the new 5.0 WWW root, the error below is thrown. The only way around this for me is to login with a hard coded URL... i.e. http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXXX/user=xxxxxx&pw=xxxxx.

Hard to say how that happened, but it tells me the file www/applet/loginScripts.js is either missing or did not get served correctly by the web server. Or internet explorer is just being dumb. Don't use internet explorer ;)

I also note that the UI3 release in this BI 5 build is several versions old now. Ken must have forgotten to include the new release.

hdcam01

n3wb
Reaction score
Migration guide is here: Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

Hard to say how that happened, but it tells me the file www/applet/loginScripts.js is either missing or did not get served correctly by the web server.

I also note that the UI3 release in this BI 5 build is several versions old now. Ken must have forgotten to include the new release.
Thanks. That was exactly it. I downloaded UI3 from github, installed, problem solved!