BI and smartphone cam a la EpocCam/Camio?

wtbush

n3wb
Reaction score
I have yet to find a way to stream my iphone cam into BI. There are two programs I've found that stream from the iphone to PC, EpocCam and Camio, but I cannot configure them to be detected in BI. I['ve tried selecting RTSP and the iphone's IP, but no go. I know I have EpocCam configured to work, as I can now use it to Skype, but have tried a bunch of BI configurations to no avail. It seems like a lot of people would have an extra smartcam around to use as a security device, right? And I'm already running BI with my outdoor cams, so don't want 2 programs to do one thing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have yet to find a way to stream my iphone cam into BI. There are two programs I've found that stream from the iphone to PC, EpocCam and Camio, but I cannot configure them to be detected in BI. I['ve tried selecting RTSP and the iphone's IP, but no go. I know I have EpocCam configured to work, as I can now use it to Skype, but have tried a bunch of BI configurations to no avail. It seems like a lot of people would have an extra smartcam around to use as a security device, right? And I'm already running BI with my outdoor cams, so don't want 2 programs to do one thing.
If you have the blue iris mobile app you can stream directly to blue iris...in blue iris instead of network camera, choose stream from client device...
I dont use i-anything so ive never tested it..but it should work

wtbush

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the mobile and the desktop Blue Iris. The mobile is really just a viewer and all the setup comes from the desktop. I've tried each of about 20 of the camera options without success. There is no "stream from client device" that I can see. there is MJPEG Stream, WM/ASF Stream and dozens of other camera selections. for my other cam, I've already opened port 81. I'd be surprised if no one else wants to use an old smartphone as a security camera with Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the mobile and the desktop Blue Iris. The mobile is really just a viewer and all the setup comes from the desktop. I've tried each of about 20 of the camera options without success. There is no "stream from client device" that I can see. there is MJPEG Stream, WM/ASF Stream and dozens of other camera selections. for my other cam, I've already opened port 81. I'd be surprised if no one else wants to use an old smartphone as a security camera with Blue Iris.
The blue iris IOS mobile app can stream video directly to the blue iris server. In the camera video tab, instead of selecting network ip, select broadcast from client app.

• Version 1.06 of the iOS client app will allow for the broadcasting of video (with optional audio) to this version on the PC. A new camera type has been added to the Video page under camera properties. When this camera type is used, the camera will display "Off the air" until the mobile app successfully connects for streaming. The camera may be configured to record or push to UStream etc. whenever the client has connected."

If you want to use one of your apps instead you will need to proper url to get the stream..the app developer should provide it to you...
    Blue iris will work with any device that sends an mpeg, jpeg stream...
    Lots of folks use older cell phones with android
    For example this is an android app that works with BI https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam&hl=en
    Its not a proper security camera because its wifi (which is never recommended), no night vision, and it will not reboot after a power interruption...
    If its an iphone that you can usually sell for decent money you are better off using a true ip camera.

wtbush

n3wb
Reaction score

The blue iris IOS mobile app can stream video directly to the blue iris server. In the camera video tab, instead of selecting network ip, select broadcast from client app.

• Version 1.06 of the iOS client app will allow for the broadcasting of video (with optional audio) to this version on the PC. A new camera type has been added to the Video page under camera properties. When this camera type is used, the camera will display "Off the air" until the mobile app successfully connects for streaming. The camera may be configured to record or push to UStream etc. whenever the client has connected."

If you want to use one of your apps instead you will need to proper url to get the stream..the app developer should provide it to you...
    Blue iris will work with any device that sends an mpeg, jpeg stream...
    Lots of folks use older cell phones with android
    For example this is an android app that works with BI https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam&hl=en
    Its not a proper security camera because its wifi (which is never recommended), no night vision, and it will not reboot after a power interruption...
    If its an iphone that you can usually sell for decent money you are better off using a true ip camera.

Got it working, and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I didn't need the 3rd party app to do it, either, just BI. New life for an old phone! It's not a perfect security camera, admittedly, but it's all I need for now inside. Again, thanks!