BI CPU usage increases gradually after the process starts

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am experiencing a strange thing here. I have a well tuned BI deployment which uses about 30-35% cpu when things are quiet, like in the middle of the night. No motion, no recording.

What I have noticed is that over the course of a week or so the cpu usage gradually increases for no apparent reason.

Today in the middle of the night my BI was not recording anything, nothing happening in terms of motion and it was doing close to 60% CPU. This was the BI process only.

So I decided to stop and start it. To my surprise it was down to 30% again. I will check in the morning and at night again to make sure my assessment is correct.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How many cameras do you have ?
What are there MP?

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) windows task manager performance, GPU
3) Blue Iris Setting about tab
4) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
5) blue Iris status cameras

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How many cameras do you have ?
What are there MP?

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) windows task manager performance, GPU
3) Blue Iris Setting about tab
4) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
5) blue Iris status cameras
I have 7 cameras, three are 5mp, one is 4mp, 2 are one pm and one camera is 2mp.

I will collect the rest of the info. Thanks for the offer to help.

I have a hunch that it could have started after I added sub streams from two cameras to record continuously. These sub streams are 1mp and the other is 0.3mp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you recording both the main stream and the sub-stream for the same camera? Not sure how to do that.

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you recording both the main stream and the sub-stream for the same camera? Not sure how to do that.
The sub streams are recording constantly, there is no motion or alerting of any kind there.

The main streams are only recorded on motion. The sub streams are basically another camera whch I should have added to the list i gave before.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had the same issue back in October. Make sure Intel gpu driver didn’t get updated.. some drivers have a memory leak that leads to these problems

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds typical of a memory leak. Suggest you check the program / driver versions and update.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Had the same issue back in October. Make sure Intel gpu driver didn’t get updated.. some drivers have a memory leak that leads to these problems
The newest drivers are all good. Most folks fail to clean install windows and as a result think they cannot install the newest driver because the OS tells them they have the latest.