BI Demo Crashes every hour...

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok. Will do- thanks again... question tho- does it change anything if I'm ONLY using BI to view my cameras? I'm not recording anything...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok. Will do- thanks again... question tho- does it change anything if I'm ONLY using BI to view my cameras? I'm not recording anything...
I dont understand the question.

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Meaning, I'm only using BI to watch the cams in real time- NOT recording individual streams. I'm not recording any of the cameras... so, with that said, do I still need a separate PC to run it without crashing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Meaning, I'm only using BI to watch the cams in real time- NOT recording individual streams. I'm not recording any of the cameras... so, with that said, do I still need a separate PC to run it without crashing?
its not as critical...but you have something interfering with BI...I would do a clean install of windows...or just use blue iris tools to restart if it crashes....why are you not recording your cameras?

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is BI Tools?

I have 5 Hikvision cams running to an NVR. Then I have 2 AmCrest Cams as Nanny Cams (unrecorded). I don't really need the AmCrest recorded- wouldn't hurt, but, really we use it to spy on the kids to make sure they're sleeping :) All of them are pulled into BI just to watch occasionally as I work.

With that said- is there a way to go without a dedicated PC, and fix the crashing issue?

Also- does BI have an ios App?

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is BI Tools?

I have 5 Hikvision cams running to an NVR. Then I have 2 AmCrest Cams as Nanny Cams (unrecorded). I don't really need the AmCrest recorded- wouldn't hurt, but, really we use it to spy on the kids to make sure they're sleeping :) All of them are pulled into BI just to watch occasionally as I work.

With that said- is there a way to go without a dedicated PC, and fix the crashing issue?

Also- does BI have an ios App?

Thank you!
Check event viewer and see if it provides info...there could be a many reasons for the crashing...blue iris has a fantastic ios app, it makes the hikvision app look like a toy, but the benefits are largely for video review/profile changes, alerts etc that you are not using...try emailing support...