BI email support - MIA

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know where to start, V5 BI has been a migraine since day 1 and their support is non existent. It is nice that this forum is in place cause we all be up the creek with the support you get that exist there now.
Is there a step by step V5 BI Tutorial on forum? I searched but the threads can be so long to read through every page.
I am having camera sync problems like crazy and fps settings are not staying as they are set. I never had such issues with version 4 that I have with the new version.
Sync issues can be delayed from camera to camera for no reason I can see. An example, if I come home, walk into house and check the live video on camera system I can watch myself walk up to house. The fps also seem to be adjusting themselves too. I set it at 15 fps, and check later and it says it is at 30fps, but the alerts are at 6fps. So, it just gotten me frustrated now and this is the only place that has the info available. The BI support would be lucky to even answer an email
Anyway,I have to start somewhere and the above issues seem the worst right now. If anyone has suggestions on a step by step thread, that may help.
CPU runs about 15%, all cameras are firmware updated, system is POE with 5 hikvisions, 1 Huisun,1 Dahua running thru a dedicated PC,
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor [9%]
RAM: 1.06G/7.95G
Clips: 29 files, 25.7G/36.0G
Storage: C: +319.9G
Version: Release 5.3.1.6 x64 (8/10/2020)

If you need more info, it can be supplied
Thanks

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree with the support comment - emailed it 4 times zero responses. not even an acknowledgment that my message was received. I'm struggling setting my BI5 up to so i would also be interested in a guide. Suffering severe lagging in all cameras, ghosting when viewing recording, jumping and skipping frames. basically totally unable for a security system :(

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You are setting things like resolution, fps, iframe etc. in the camera itself?

I would start by looking at 1 camera only and getting that working.

There are plenty of guides but what I did was do a search for key words and then read and read and then keep reading.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What I would do is delete all your cameras and start over from scratch. Add one camera at a time like @IAmATeaf says and make sure you do it via the "Inspect" process. Also make sure you aren't changing fps, resolution, iframe, etc... from BI itself. That must all be changed from the camera settings gui on the camera itself. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials to help you get going if needed.

That is a very old CPU so I'm surprised its only running at ~10% usage will all those cameras. It sounds like something is amiss.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you emailing using a standard email service like gmail and including your license? Your FPS issue is user error as others have noted. Lag is likely due to improper use of limit decoding or a network issue.
yep emailing using outlook.com (hotmail) email address. The one linked to to the account registered for the license. clicking the "contact support" link in BI which gives all the system info, registration detail, license info and copying all the info into the email as well. Tried that 4/5 times giving at least a week between emails in case of busy periods and had no response. Been trying for the past 2 months. Gave up in the end and just been playing with all the settings myself to try and fix the issues.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yep emailing using outlook.com (hotmail) email address. The one linked to to the account registered for the license. clicking the "contact support" link in BI which gives all the system info, registration detail, license info and copying all the info into the email as well. Tried that 4/5 times giving at least a week between emails in case of busy periods and had no response. Been trying for the past 2 months. Gave up in the end and just been playing with all the settings myself to try and fix the issues.
Try using gmail. Outlook is a major source of spam.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try using gmail. Outlook is a major source of spam.
I'll give that a go today. I been using my hotmail account for 15 years and never had a problem with any other services. I can't see that being the issue but worth a try.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Something definitely amiss with the processing. There's no way you're processing all that data with that CPU @ 9%. My guess is the delay stuttering etc is due to queuing for processing time, if not other bottlenecks in the system. It would explain why you're viewing yourself coming home after you've got in and the stuttering as frames get dropped. Maybe its using the hard drive as a scratch disk to buffer?

From here: PassMark - AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core - Price performance comparison

CPU Mark Relative to Top 10 Common Desktop CPUs

As of 16th of August 2020 - Higher results represent better performance

You can see from the below that you're processor has 1/3 rd the performance of an 3770K and yet you're encoding 7 cameras on it for 9% with no quicksync which incidentally raises another question, how is the processor even processing the image? Either you have an external graphics card that's not listed or the FX has integrated graphics. However, I can't see the integrated graphics of such an old lowly processor managing to encode 7 video streams and 7 sub streams simultaneously at all, never mind for 9%.

From IP Cam's own database, Blue Iris Update Helper , a 3770K with no quiksync enabled (as your AMD doesn't have quickync) and with the console open for viewing as per your system uses around 50% cpu with 7 cameras. 9% might be possible if the console was closed AND your processor was as quick as a 3770K overclocked (unlikely) AND you had quicksync (which you don't). Without quicksync, even if your processor could match the 3770k, processor usage is commonly reported in BI helper in the region of 20-30%. REMEMBER as well the 3770k is 3 times as fast as your processor. All things being linear, that would put the processing load on your processsor at 150% which would mean it's impossible to run it. In all probability, it's not linear, but it nevertheless shows the impossibility of 9% cpu usage with 7 cameras even allowing for the fact your FX is overclocked. It's going to be a long way north of 50% and I wouldn't be surprised at 100% usage unless you have it locked to allocate less priority to BI in Windows.

I'd consider maybe a pc upgrade before anything else using the BI helper as a guide.

Last edited:

B-Murda

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the topic of email issue he does have issues.
I used to use my yahoo to email Ken and he always replied within a day or two.
For the past few months at least nothing ever on multiple emails.
I send him one from my gmail, instant auto reply, day later he replied.
I mentioned the email issue to him but he didn't acknowledge it but if you're not getting an auto reply fairly quick he's probably not getting them due to whatever funky filtering his messages must go through.

It doesn't make sense to filter entire valid domains though just cause spam. That would leave me more to thinking better spam filtering needs to be involved is all. Any domain can spam sadly so at some point do they all end up blacklisted? lol
Though in this case they aren't rejected they just get lost or go to a folder he must not watch but for the moment gmail works to reach support....

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have found that support is very good if you have a detailed question with a lot of detailed information being provided. Screen shots, log files.....

I have found that there is little to no support for configuration problems.

Remember that BI is a one person operation.

The best place to go for configuration problems is this forum, a number of people will put in the time to get the problem solved. Put the poster has to put in the time and work also.