BI Not fully optimized for Windows 10 per Intel

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could not think of any way someone could mess up replacing the SDK files.. I have rebooted. I have installed the driver 4901 twice and copied the SDK files over twice followed by a reboot. Both times 3-4 hours later I am at 100% CPU usage.

Just for kicks I left Blue Iris open and got the error files in use. Also checked the version of the files in the media SDK folder and they are all the replacement files date.

Any other suggestions. I am open to remote session.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I could not think of any way someone could mess up replacing the SDK files..
You must not have to provide tech support for elderly family members. ;)

Any other suggestions. I am open to remote session.
You might try Blue Iris Tools, linked at the very top of this forum. I believe you can use its CPU watchdog to restart Blue iris when CPU usage exceeds a certain threshold.

I don't have any idea why your CPU continues to rise when mine does not. Your i5-8400 has the same integrated graphics as my i7-8700K, just with slightly different clock speed. I have a lingering suspicion that my memory usage is rising about 50 MB a day, but other than that everything just works fine for me after replacing those files.

You're running Windows 10 64 bit and Blue Iris 64 bit, right? I'm also on the latest version of Blue Iris though I doubt it matters.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using Windows 10 x64 Pro and Blue Iris 4.6.7.0 x64. I have 16GB or ram.

I can install install Blue Iris Tools and try it out. It just does not seem like a good idea to have BI constantly restarting. Any other suggestions?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how BI Tools closes Blue Iris, whether it sends a graceful close command or just kills the process (which could have unintended consequences if any recording or clip database operations were in progress). Assuming it is the latter, that should definitely be a last resort.

You said you have 15 8th gen Intel systems running BI, all with this problem. Are they all the same CPU model? Have you tried the fix I came up with on more than one of them? I assume there is no rising CPU usage problem if you have hardware acceleration turned off? My fix should only affect hardware acceleration.

Do you by chance have the VPP (Video Post Proc) option enabled? I never use that, and haven't tested the consequences of having it enabled on 8th gen.

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone please comment if the correct intel HD4400 driver has been identified for use with Win7 and Haswell series of processors?

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any driver should work for haswell.
Currently, I am on the latest version of BI and using Driver Version: 10.18.14.5057 and still I see the memory consumption starting out at 1.09G and creeping up slowly to around 5G of ram (CPU 34-39%).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently, I am on the latest version of BI and using Driver Version: 10.18.14.5057 and still I see the memory consumption starting out at 1.09G and creeping up slowly to around 5G of ram (CPU 34-39%).
I personally have never seen a memory leak on any Haswell system...