BI on a 4K monitor - How to increase window frame/text size?

Geo Ya

n3wb
Reaction score
I I use BI on my multimedia PC system (Win 10) with a 4K monitor. If I set my PC to 4K HDMI output, the BI window does not seem to scale as other Windows apps do.

The window borders become very skinny, and things like the Window title text and side menu text becomes impossibly small to read from any distance, and the window control buttons become so small it is quite difficult to get the cursor in position to close or minimize a window. The clip/alerts side strip and the timeline also become very narrow relatively to the whole screen, and is impossible to "see" from any distance and hence are unusable.The pop menus though all appear "normal" sized (e.g. camera properties) - it is just the main BI screen that looks like this.The actual camera videos looks great within the BI window frames.

In other words BI does not work for me with the 4K monitor :(

I've tried playing with display settings in Win10 but it affects all apps. The only thing I've found that works so far is to dumb down the display settings on teh PC to 1080p - but then all my media stuff is dumbed down too which is highly undesirable.

Is there an obvious solution I'm missing? A thread out there discussing this I didn't see? A BI option somewhere I missed? Maybe registry settings that control these aspects?

Thanks
George

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I I use BI on my multimedia PC system (Win 10) with a 4K monitor. If I set my PC to 4K HDMI output, the BI window does not seem to scale as other Windows apps do.

The window borders become very skinny, and things like the Window title text and side menu text becomes impossibly small to read from any distance, and the window control buttons become so small it is quite difficult to get the cursor in position to close or minimize a window. The clip/alerts side strip and the timeline also become very narrow relatively to the whole screen, and is impossible to "see" from any distance and hence are unusable.The pop menus though all appear "normal" sized (e.g. camera properties) - it is just the main BI screen that looks like this.The actual camera videos looks great within the BI window frames.

In other words BI does not work for me with the 4K monitor :(

I've tried playing with display settings in Win10 but it affects all apps. The only thing I've found that works so far is to dumb down the display settings on teh PC to 1080p - but then all my media stuff is dumbed down too which is highly undesirable.

Is there an obvious solution I'm missing? A thread out there discussing this I didn't see? A BI option somewhere I missed? Maybe registry settings that control these aspects?

Thanks
George
Font size for 4k monitor.
override high dpi scaling

Geo Ya

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer - that worked!

I also had a drop-down menu choice just below the tick box for that option (Win 10) where I had to pick either "System" or "System(Enhanced) for it to work (not "Application")... see screenshot attached.

Attachments