BI PTZ not working Amcrest IP3M-941B

karlh

n3wb
Reaction score
I just replaced a couple of FOSCAM standard def IP cams with Amcrest IP3M-941B's. Setup was routine. PTZ works through Amcrest web browser plugin but it does not work on either camera via Blue Iris (BI).

I've tried 3 or 4 different camera's through BI and this is the first time that I have encountered an issue.

The thread at PTZ not working with BI V4/V3 did not help me resolve the issue. I don't know specifically what they are referring to as the "service port" though. My TCP port is 8632. Changing that to 8001 temporarily did not work.

I would appreciate any help.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just replaced a couple of FOSCAM standard def IP cams with Amcrest IP3M-941B's. Setup was routine. PTZ works through Amcrest web browser plugin but it does not work on either camera via Blue Iris (BI).

I've tried 3 or 4 different camera's through BI and this is the first time that I have encountered an issue.

The thread at PTZ not working with BI V4/V3 did not help me resolve the issue. I don't know specifically what they are referring to as the "service port" though. My TCP port is 8632. Changing that to 8001 temporarily did not work.

I would appreciate any help.
Please provide a screenshot of the 'camera properties', 'video', 'configuration' page.

karlh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried changing the "make" to others with no success. Using the "FIND/INSPECT" results in the Generic selection being made.

I have also tried changing the RTSP and ONVIF ports to 8001 with no success.

Attachments

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using the generic profile try setting your path to: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvi

karlh

n3wb
Reaction score
What happens when you attempt to go to "http://192.168.1.119:8632" in Internet Explorer?
What I would expect to happen is what happens with every other IP cam that I have used. I uploaded 4 images. Two from attempts to connect to another IP Cam at 192.168.1.114 and two from attempts to connect to one of the Amcrest Cams at 192.168.1.117.

Using the IP address with the port I would expect to get to the login screen. That is not what happens with the AMCREST Cam. Just the opposite. I only get to the login screen when I omit the port number. After logging in, I have full control of the cam via the software within the cam itself, including PTZ.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried to simply:
1-Enter Ip address to cam
2-Entered admin user name and password
3-clicked find/inspect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I would expect to happen is what happens with every other IP cam that I have used. I uploaded 4 images. Two from attempts to connect to another IP Cam at 192.168.1.114 and two from attempts to connect to one of the Amcrest Cams at 192.168.1.117.

Using the IP address with the port I would expect to get to the login screen. That is not what happens with the AMCREST Cam. Just the opposite. I only get to the login screen when I omit the port number. After logging in, I have full control of the cam via the software within the cam itself, including PTZ.
dont enter the service port in the BI http bar...just the ip

karlh

n3wb
Reaction score
dont enter the service port in the BI http bar...just the ip
That did the trick on the 1st one!! I now have access to the PTZ function. I had to make a couple of adjustments on the second one before it worked.
  • The "MAKE" on both are now set to GENERIC.
  • Under the PTZ tab I selected "AMCREST" from the dropdown menu. "Use another IP/port" is unchecked.
Thanks very much for the help folks!!! Have a happy New Year.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate your help today. Thanks so much!
No problem, glad @fenderman got you pointed right, I was not checking in often, I've had one of the worse head & chest colds since Christmas night I've ever had; I guess it's my age. Anyway, having not slept much the last 2 nights I caught some catnaps in the recliner today. It seems being elevated helps.
P.S. - nice new avatar!