BI TRIGGERS

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m having a heck of a time trying to stop alerts from my camera. The camera is set to record continuously. I can mask certain areas to stop alerts but the main area I’m concerned about is the problem. The wind is constant in my area and the shadows from the trees and trees themselves keep setting off alerts. The motion sensor sensitivity is set to the lowest setting possible, 1100/84 contrast. I have tried numerous other setting and combinations. Make time at this point is 2 seconds. Objection detection is set at 6000 pixels. I started at 200 and worked up to the 6000 in about 500 pixel increment. Object size is at 67%. I went as high as 97%. Any suggestions as what I can try? Thanks

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a very common issue and I went to an AI solution (Deepstack) to help with this and it works pretty good. I know there are other AI options now.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Teeling611 BI5 motion detection alone can have false positives. To solve, configure BI5 to send your triggered events thru AI ( CodeProject.AI ) to determine if each event was caused by a person, vehicle or other object and not moving trees or shadows.

CodeProject.AI is free to use and is very accurate once you dial in the AI confidence for your cameras.

Read the other threads on CodeProject.AI.
Make sure you are on recent BI5 with latest CodeProject.AI (v2.0.8)

P.S. Deepstack is no longer recommended since it's no longer in active development.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
What cameras and what are you trying to capture? Using some form of AI will be the best general suggestion. Otherwise, you'll need to spend a lot of time tuning things for the specific case and even then you still may have falses fairly often. Moving trees like that is kind of a difficult thing to deal with using regular motion detection.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which cameras - do they have built-in AI?

Without screenshots and video samples, it is all guess.

Prior to AI, many of us got pretty good at dialing in motion settings to eliminate false triggers, but we need to see field of view snapshots and how you have each zone set up.

And of course now that AI has been built in to BI, that is another avenue to go as well.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What cameras and what are you trying to capture? Using some form of AI will be the best general suggestion. Otherwise, you'll need to spend a lot of time tuning things for the specific case and even then you still may have falses fairly often. Moving trees like that is kind of a difficult thing to deal with using regular motion detection.
The only thing I want the alert to do is let me know when someone is at my front door. At this point I dont care if I capture anything. What did people do when BI dint have the Al function?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing I want the alert to do is let me know when someone is at my front door. At this point I dont care if I capture anything. What did people do when BI dint have the Al function?
Many of us got pretty good at dialing in motion settings to eliminate false triggers. But we need to see your field of view and zone settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They read the help file and fine tuned the motion detection.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They read the help file and fine tuned the motion detection.
Well that’s what I’m trying to do and I have read the help files. If people read the help files and could completely understand them we wouldn’t need this forum! All I’m asking is for a little help with the motion settings that I explained above. Sorry if I’m not up to your intellectual standards and that of Kc8mv.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn't you end up buying the 5442s? They have on-board IVS AI. Set that up. Have the triggers passed to BI. Done.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that’s what I’m trying to do and I have read the help files. If people read the help files and could completely understand them we wouldn’t need this forum! All I’m asking is for a little help with the motion settings that I explained above. Sorry if I’m not up to your intellectual standards and that of Kc8mv.
You asked for help but you don't post photos of your settings there are so many variables You would just have us guessing... If you don't want to learn how to do it simply use AI it works incredibly well.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You asked for help but you don't post photos of your settings there are so many variables You would just have us guessing... If you don't want to learn how to do it simply use AI it works incredibly well.
Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you have the 5442s and it sounds like your needs are simple, then use the AI in the 5442.

Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.