BI Version 4.0 Issues

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you get the multi cam playback to work? I'm running the test version before buying full version to see if I like it.
Make sure that selected camera only is not clicked in the clips section (small looking camera at the top of the clips bar).

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Issues:

- Camera will not accept FPS set by camera. Always shows yellow icon. Properties show camera set at 42 FPS, then the camera is maxed at 10FPS
- MAJOR Ghosting when recording. Never a problem in 3.66
- Even when forcing the correct FPS, the video is very choppy.

How can I download 3.66 again? 4.0 is causing more problems than it's worth at this point. I'm sure it'll be fixed, but it was released too soon in my opinion.

Please sign me up as a beta tester in the future so we don't run into this again. I hate to think people are turning away from this software when it's still the best (well, when the bugs are fixed).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Issues:

- Camera will not accept FPS set by camera. Always shows yellow icon. Properties show camera set at 42 FPS, then the camera is maxed at 10FPS
- MAJOR Ghosting when recording. Never a problem in 3.66
- Even when forcing the correct FPS, the video is very choppy.

How can I download 3.66 again? 4.0 is causing more problems than it's worth at this point. I'm sure it'll be fixed, but it was released too soon in my opinion.

Please sign me up as a beta tester in the future so we don't run into this again. I hate to think people are turning away from this software when it's still the best (well, when the bugs are fixed).
You can download 3.66 from the update page on the blue iris website. Scroll to the bottom.

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The anticipation for the 64 bit version was improved cpu and memory. Can anybody report improvements regarding this?

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do to an endless loop I uninstalled BI Ver. 3.66. (to include all Reg. & firewall settings) That stopped the looping. At this point I will wait to see if anyone gets Ver. 4.0 to work properly without jumping through hoops. (To old for all of this) Right now I am not quite ready to spend the $60 just after Christmas.

Also got this message...

koster88

n3wb
Reaction score
The anticipation for the 64 bit version was improved cpu and memory. Can anybody report improvements regarding this?
I have 2 Servers. Running 16 Cameras on 1, and 20 on the other. I've noticed about 25-30% less CPU usage on both. Both machines are running a lot better.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@n4gry that is a good idea... Though its only 30 dollars for the upgrade...
Primary systems should not be upgraded until the bugs are worked out..if folks are anxious to test it they should run the trial version.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 Servers. Running 16 Cameras on 1, and 20 on the other. I've noticed about 25-30% less CPU usage on both. Both machines are running a lot better.
This is good to know, I have seen others reporting an increase...25 percent is pretty substantial..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I ran the 64 trial version, I didn't see any difference.

johnq

n3wb
Reaction score
5. Can't find a way to turn off the timeline

There's a "full screen" icon just to the left of "clips" on the top border of the window. If you click this, all of the extraneous controls disappear and your cameras use the whole screen. Press Esc and you return to the default view. Nice-- but it took a while to find this.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My issue is that BI is already a resource hog to say, and 4.0 uses more resources. At this point, I'm almost ready to say screw it, setup an NVR and be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, got v4 working after using the full install download. I did NOT, however, un-install v.3. Control Panel > Programs and Features still shows v3 as an installed program. Question: should/can I un-install v3 now? If so, should v4 be turned off during the un-install process?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My issue is that BI is already a resource hog to say, and 4.0 uses more resources. At this point, I'm almost ready to say screw it, setup an NVR and be done.
If you dont need the flexibility and just want to simply record the cams and stick with one maybe two brands of cams, then the NVR is the smarter choice anyways...if you want any sort of flexibility then BI is the way to go. As we discussed, its all about the cpu you use.

wrusprod

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree, upgrade is confusing. and if you dont turn off auto update, and happen to open BI 3, you lose BI 4.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right now,I only use hikvision cams with BI or a hik nvr . Right now I'm just torn because either way i go, both will run me the same cost.