BI Version 4.0 Issues

Reaction score
Some issues I'm having with the 64bit version:

-Playing a clip crashes BI
-The time stamp disappeared from my videos. Then reappeared after I restarted BI a few times, and just messed around with things.
-Playing back clips simultaneously did work; until after I restarted my PC. When it worked, some videos would be blank. But they would eventually appear.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Some issues I'm having with the 64bit version:

-Playing a clip crashes BI
-The time stamp disappeared from my videos. Then reappeared after I restarted BI a few times, and just messed around with things.
-Playing back clips simultaneously did work; until after I restarted my PC. When it worked, some videos would be blank. But they would eventually appear.
Have you updated to 0.6?
When you playback, are you sure there was motion recorded on the videos that are showing blank?

Reaction score
Have you updated to 0.6?
When you playback, are you sure there was motion recorded on the videos that are showing blank?
Oh wow, there's already an update. Unfortunately it didn't resolve my specific issues. I still can't play a clip. Its odd. When I installed the demo I couldn't play any clips--it would just crash. Then I registered and it worked. Everything seemed fine, until I restarted my machine, then playing clips no longer functioned. However, I did reinstall BI a few times before restarting. (I was trying to install the 32 and 64 bit versions along side each other). But I got some DLL missing error messages when installing the 32 bit version, so I just did a repair on the 64 bit install, and went with that. It prompted me to restart at that time, which I did not do. Of course sometime later, I did restart.

As far as simultaneous replay. Some of my cameras are set to continuous record; no motion sensing. Some are set to continuous record with motion sensing. So I suspect some of the cameras did not have an alert for the timespan I was viewing.

I have BI 3 installed along side, so I'll just stick with that until things get smoothed out.

caj

n3wb
Reaction score
Shows Release 4.0.0.5 x64 installed. Runs fine. Wont download .6 update. I download .6 from website and it wont install. Tried x32 .6 update from website, it installed and now shows Release 4.0.0.6 x32. Does this mean that I actually didnt have the 64 bit version installed? I do have a 64bit windows 8.1 machine. Is there something I needed to do to install the 64bit version. Install went smoothly with no popups.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Shows Release 4.0.0.5 x64 installed. Runs fine. Wont download .6 update. I download .6 from website and it wont install. Tried x32 .6 update from website, it installed and now shows Release 4.0.0.6 x32. Does this mean that I actually didnt have the 64 bit version installed? I do have a 64bit windows 8.1 machine. Is there something I needed to do to install the 64bit version. Install went smoothly with no popups.
When you install the software the first time it gives you the option to install 32 or 64.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Feeling like a newbie all over again, . . . . :-( I uninstalled v3 and have v4 running with BI Tools, but now I cannot log in. My web server is running according to BI Tools. I have BIv4 installed in the "Program Files" folder instead of the "Program Files (x86)" folder since it is the 64b version. Is that why? Many thanks in advance for any tips.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Feeling like a newbie all over again, . . . . :-( I uninstalled v3 and have v4 running with BI Tools, but now I cannot log in. My web server is running according to BI Tools. I have BIv4 installed in the "Program Files" folder instead of the "Program Files (x86)" folder since it is the 64b version. Is that why? Many thanks in advance for any tips.
what happens when you try going to the webserver?

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nothing, blank screen until a timeout message. I also cannot load weather data into images with BI Tools. I am thinking I screwed something up by installing v4 with v3 still on the machine. ? I could start over I suppose but I do not want to lose my camera settings.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I un-installed BIv4 (v3 is also gone) and BI Tools. I fresh installed BIv4 (and updated to .06) and imported my prior .reg file/settings, plus re-registered. So far so good. But, now BI Tools (also updated to 1.0.4) is a no-go. I am able to get everything set up seemingly, except that the "watchdog" keeps telling me that my webserver is not running, while I am able to access it remotely. And, I cannot add the macros text onto my camera images. I've done everything as fresh installs (BIv4 and BIT) but now they do not get along. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be welcomed? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I un-installed BIv4 (v3 is also gone) and BI Tools. I fresh installed BIv4 (and updated to .06) and imported my prior .reg file/settings, plus re-registered. So far so good. But, now BI Tools (also updated to 1.0.4) is a no-go. I am able to get everything set up seemingly, except that the "watchdog" keeps telling me that my webserver is not running, while I am able to access it remotely. And, I cannot add the macros text onto my camera images. I've done everything as fresh installs (BIv4 and BIT) but now they do not get along. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be welcomed? Thanks.
I believe @Mike is aware of the issue with the watchdog (in Blue Iris Tools) and will update it when he gets back from out of town. http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?198-Blue-Iris-Tools-Weather-Overlay-Watchdog-amp-more!/page8

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know if that is preventing weather data macros from being added to camera properties?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I dont. The weather files are in a BIT folder...so you can point Blue iris to that folder manually..

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:-( Mike's BIT has me spoiled! I really like the weather overlay. Have a great New Years!

Pain

n3wb
Reaction score
You can download 3.66 from the update page on the blue iris website. Scroll to the bottom.
I downloaded the 3.66 full installer, but is there a way to do an 'upgrade' on v3.65 to bring it up to 3.66? I have a server in a remote location and I don't want to do something with a remote connection that may render the BI install unusable, but would like to get it upgraded to 3.66.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I would not try and update to 3.66...there were only a few enhancements that most likely are not beneficial to you. There are many folks who update each time a new update is pushed...this is bad practice...unless you are having issues or there is a new feature there its best to leave a stable install. Same goes for cameras firmware...lots of folks feel the update is "better" but often its not and they have problems...
My suggestion is to wait a few weeks until v4 is stable and then upgrade...just my two cents..below is a list of the 3.66 updates.
3.66.00 - December 2, 2014
  • Camera discovery has been enhanced to find the RTSP path from ONVIF devices which require a secure login. This secure login has also been added to the ONVIF compatible PTZ option (OXML).
  • You may now set a user "logout" sound in addition to the login sound on Options/Users.
  • Many fixes allowing for the proper access restrictions to be applied to clip viewing on the console by non-administrators. If a user is limited to specific camera groups, only clips from those cameras should be shown in the clip viewer.

wrusprod

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the latest. which is 4.0.0.7 and it keeps crashing. .6 didnt have that issue for me. Windows 7 -64.