bidens incredible transition to electric cars

Reaction score
As my analysis shows, the AMG still got 5 MPG combined better fuel economy dragging that Tesla. You can't get a tow for $40 either, if you're paying out of pocket.

No doubt running out of gas is an easier problem than running out of battery. It wasn't long ago the Mazda died coming back from the coast because the fuel pickup sometimes doesn't get the last 2 gallons of fuel in the 15 gallon tank (I haven't figured out what causes it to randomly do that). I hopped on my electric unicycle and rode the 2 miles to the tiny 1 pump gas station, got a gallon, and rode 2 miles back. Was up and running in 20 minutes.

If that had happened in an EV, well, I'd probably be calling a friend for a tow / charge. By the time they had gotten back to I-5, I'd have enough charge to get home. That assumes they have a car powerful enough to charge an EV at highway speeds. That AMG in the video is 450 horsepower, so it can spare the 100 horsepower it takes to drag the Tesla (normal horsepower to maintain speed on a highway is 15-20). You'd have to floor a Prius and it might maintain speed on a flat section of road.

I don't really care about the CO2 emission issue, because the best I could do to reduce it would be to drop dead, and even then you couldn't measure in the environment how much dropping dead reduced the CO2 concentration. Mostly I just like efficient things because they cost less, or give you more bang for the buck. EVs might cost 2-3 cents per mile in electricity, but a 30 MPG car will cost 10 cents (historic average). With gas prices how they are now, it's more like 15 cents per mile. I'd rather save money and use US energy than spend more and use foreign oil.

All that said, I don't have an EV yet because I don't need more cars. I've got a company issued Mazda CX-5 (unlimited personal use including gas), a Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, an Acura TSX, a Chevy S-10 ZR2, and a couple Honda CBR600s. Only got the 1 wife, so that's too many vehicles.
Hate to see what your insurance bill is. Wow.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
August 24: California bans sale of new gasoline-powered cars

August 30: California asks Californians to avoid charging electric vehicles due to electricity shortages
You are spot on to post it in this thread, I had posted it earlier today in the Politics section.

I don't care to hear complaints from people out there, especially Dem's...they had their chance to recall him but didn't so they're getting what they deserve.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
August 24: California bans sale of new gasoline-powered cars

August 30: California asks Californians to avoid charging electric vehicles due to electricity shortages
That’s a preview for what is to come. More control by corporate entities. Stay tuned. The fun is just beginning

Etech

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems to me that China, Russia, etc. need to step up their game with renewable power sources before the USA goes overboard with all of this! Until we here is the USA fix our infrastructure to accommodate large increases in electric usage our nation cannot embrace a changeover.

The real deal with all of this is a transfer of wealth from entities whom have deep pockets due to fossil fuels versus those whose pockets are not so deep. It's just a money grab at the expense of the consumer!

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WTF - not quite sure where to post this

This also proves that at least one ( !!??) insurance company is willing to commit a fraudulent act and deceive the public...just as the public tries to defraud them. I guess their motto is "...If you can do it, so can we."

My favorite part of the article? Their explanation about the video which sounds like it was written by former WH Press Secretary Jen Psaki ! :lmao:

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Of course Tesla knows EV's are a farce. But hey, they are in business to make a bunch of money off of dumb people. They know the real world will never practically run on EV's, at least not in out lifetime.

They have built a cart and it is just sitting there, because the horse that will pull it, it's grandfather hasn't even been born yet......