bidens incredible transition to electric cars

Reaction score
Usually you can't go wrong with a Honda.
Agreed. But I have to say, if you need a car now then hybrid is currently the best solution IMOP. My sisters 2 Toyota hydrids had zero problems at -10 here in Northern IL. Sunday, at Meijer I got to witness for the first time, how Teslas are pretty useless in the cold. Several flat bed tow trucks hauling away Teslas from the completely filled charging station area at Meijer.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've been using Lithium batteries in my quads for many years now. Outside in he cold, I keep each inside my coat right up until I put one into the quad. Heh, anything else, in real cold weather is nothing but disaster. Do it once and you'll never try it again (well, people voted for Biden so you never know...).

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Oh, on the topic of Lithium batteries... another thing that too many people don't even think about is one of those jump starter bricks. They buy one, charge it up, toss it in their trunk or wherever, and forget it. Then they actually need it some freezing cold day. Guess what? They better be pretty darn lucky or it just ain't going to do the job...

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh, on the topic of Lithium batteries... another thing that too many people don't even think about is one of those jump starter bricks. They buy one, charge it up, toss it in their trunk or wherever, and forget it. Then they actually need it some freezing cold day. Guess what? They better be pretty darn lucky or it just ain't going to do the job...
There are super capacitor versions like this, check his channel out he did lot of diy super capacitor starter

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Harris Ranch story is 2-3 years old and is no more true now than it was then.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
True, it was never connected to a diesel generator. It's connected to the majority fossil fuel powered grid like everything else.
+1^^^.
And if these housings show below on the EV charging station corner in 2022 are NOT for a Diesel generator and controls then where, pray tell, is the big bank of solar cells and/or a wind turbine? That is, if it's not running off the fossil-fuel power grid?

(Pssst....let's keep this part a secret....Diesel is ALSO a fossil fuel) :lmao::rofl::winktongue:

harris-ranch-ev.jpg

Last edited:

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"A building reportedly associated with this diesel plant is actually a storage facility and office for the Harris Ranch Express BBQ management team. There are no diesel plants or diesel generators on Harris Ranch property, “a point we fervently assert,” according to a statement issued by Harris Ranch Resort on Thursday."