BIG Owl on my Trail

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dear Coyotes, my freshly-planted corn patch is not your personal playground:

The coyote family of 6 is back. I'd only seen 3 of the pups together for the last week, so I thought maybe the 4th pup had died. But maybe it's just hunting independently most of the time, and just gets back with the family for fun.

That 10W illuminator is great in that spot!

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The coyote pups are hunting successfully! He brings back prey (probably a ground squirrel), drops it in the ditch, picks it back up, and plays with it for awhile. He should have just eaten because, his littermate ran off with it:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, I originally titled this video "cavorting" without meaning to be technical, and I just discovered it's the actual technical term for this mating ritual:

Everytime I try spraying urine on a female I am interested in, I get arrested.......What's up with that? Bugs Bunny gets away with it......:lol:

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Critters in the Garden!

One owl swoops down to perch on my hoop tunnel. Then s/he flies to the other perch and displaces the second owl, and then flies back to my camera pole. A coyote goes down the trail, then up the trail, then into my garden to look around. Finally, a giant raccoon walks by.

I didn't see any rabbits today. I wonder why?!?!?