Big update!! NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Semms working here, usr dahuahelpdesk pwd dahua2018
Hmm... I get:

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I don't know, just tried again, once logged, firmware, NVR, 02.Pro, and it does still work for me

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to use url to get it to work. However, I can't see any new FW besides the 2 older ones.
I believe I can't hit that url was because I'm in the US per the below as I'm only able to hit the China site via port 8080.
View attachment 52721
Well done! I couldn't get into the same version of the download server either from Australia - setting my VPN to Italy, and up it comes! Different uploader for each file depending on where you login from too...

Great find on the firmware redfive!

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received my NVR5816-16P-4KS2E from Andy this week and put it on line with my 15 cameras.
Installation went smooth.
I went to the Update screen, and selected check for updates.
The system told me that an update to V4.000.0000001.5, Build Date 2019-12-06 was available.
I updated to this Version, and so far everything appears to be working.

RodeoGeorge

Attachments

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So far so good on 4.0 R1.3

Can get substreams and notifications are working from the limited testing I've done.

Sounds like @WA3PNT may have a version which is newer again perhaps but my NVR thinks it has the latest version now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
So far so good on 4.0 R1.3

Can get substreams and notifications are working from the limited testing I've done.

Sounds like @WA3PNT may have a version which is newer again perhaps but my NVR thinks it has the latest version now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Do not forget: maybe you put, following our IPCT best practices guide, network restrictions that your NVR cannot talk to the internet!

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do not forget: maybe you put, following our IPCT best practices guide, network restrictions that your NVR cannot talk to the internet!
I appreciate what you're saying and I've locked my network down as much as I believe I can, however I need detection notifications, which I can't utilise a VPN for 100% of the time. I only allow relevant ports through my firewall and it's on a VLAN. Happy to hear suggestions though ....

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use this firewall policy from the zone 011nvr (the NVR/cams VLAN) to the zone 001wan (internet), if and when I have to check for updates, I simply enable the rule 30, otherwise, the NVR (10.0.7.4) can only contact gmail
Code:
jonatha@er6p# show firewall name 011nvr_2_001wan
 default-action drop
 rule 10 {
     action accept
     state {
         established enable
         related enable
     }
 }
 rule 20 {
     action accept
     destination {
         group {
             network-group GOOGLE_SMTP
         }
         port 587
     }
     protocol tcp
     source {
         address 10.0.7.4
     }
 }
 rule 30 {
     action accept
     description "allow NVR online update"
     disable
     source {
         address 10.0.7.4
     }
 }
[edit]
jonatha@er6p#

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I appreciate what you're saying and I've locked my network down as much as I believe I can, however I need detection notifications, which I can't utilise a VPN for 100% of the time. I only allow relevant ports through my firewall and it's on a VLAN. Happy to hear suggestions though ....
Which means that the updater may (or may not) pass through your vlan/gateway/routing mechanisms. Push notifications only use port 2195TCP outbound, and I'm pretty sure the updater uses another set of port(s). To be sure: enable firewall logging on the edge of your vlan, and push the update button couple of times. You'll see which connections you have to open up.

Good luck!
CC

exarkun

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My NVR reports the same version as for WA3PNT is availbale.

Found New Version:4.000.0000001.5.R.191206
New Features:
1. Brand new GUI4.0.
2. Better compatibility with SMD, and Primeter Protection camera.
3. No plugins required in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox
4. Color scheme, flat interfaces and visual icons present a user-friendly experience
5. Cross-day-search, easy to search
6. Support HDD Capacity Estimation

As there are still so many inconsistent reports of these new FW I'm still on

System Version:V3.216.0000006.0Build Date:2019-02-23

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After some tests, with firmware DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000001.3.R.20191129 , I'm not able to manage IVS parameters (under AI) for the IPC-B5442E-ZE, it does work fine with other cameras, such as 81230, 5231 and so on, but not for the AI one, the web UI says
"It has exceeded the device max analysis channel threshold!"
And it doesn't save the modifies Also tried a factory-default, no joy ... Later I'll try to downgrade the NVR's fw to 0.1 version. Funny thing, I've played a bit with PBR and PIA on my router, forcing the NVR to search updates in the US, mine doesn't show the update available to 1.5 version