Big update!! NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713

Kopaszka

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I have NVR5232-4KS2. After upgrade to this firmware, the NVR in cyclic boot. On hdmi port i see the 4.0 software logo, and start it's ip ping, after 5 times ping reply, go boot again. How can i fix it?? I dont have old firmware! I bought the nvr in 2016.

Thanks

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same problem and was told it's permanent damage no repair

Reimo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR5XXX-4KS2 series has a serial port. TFTP and recovery flash will help.
I've been in that hole

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY maybe this firmware should be removed from the site .. it appears it might be bricking NVR's?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reimo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have upgraded 30-40 devices this series from different release date, failed with none. Some of my customers are failed with upgradeing, and i had to restore the devices with TFTP. The firmware works.
Golden rules to make proper upgrade when avoiding failure:
Better is to have monitor connected to recorder - you see your progress more informatively

1) Before upgrade stop recording, even better disconnect hard drive. disconnect wired alarm inputs.
2) Reset to factory default. Reboot
3) Do the upgrade - give some time to do its business - 5 minutes even
4) When up and running again, factory default again, reboot
5) Feel free to make your setup

Kopaszka

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR5XXX-4KS2 series has a serial port. TFTP and recovery flash will help.
I've been in that hole
i tried to upload the firmware. but after about 17MB (about 3 minutes) it restart. I renamed the original image to update.img. this file size are 49MB.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have upgraded 30-40 devices this series from different release date, failed with none. Some of my customers are failed with upgradeing, and i had to restore the devices with TFTP. The firmware works.
Golden rules to make proper upgrade when avoiding failure:
Better is to have monitor connected to recorder - you see your progress more informatively

1) Before upgrade stop recording, even better disconnect hard drive. disconnect wired alarm inputs.
2) Reset to factory default. Reboot
3) Do the upgrade - give some time to do its business - 5 minutes even
4) When up and running again, factory default again, reboot
5) Feel free to make your setup
Reimo can you please explain what is tftp and how does it work ...I have always monitor connected to NVR ...I removed HDD and reboot it

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Reimo can you please explain what is tftp and how does it work ...I have always monitor connected to NVR ...I removed HDD and reboot it
tftp is some very basic protocol for file transfer (hence the ftp) - mainly used for non-pc data transmission (eg reload of network devices or - in this case - cameras) which do not hold lots of memory and processing power to support full FTP service capabilities (to say one: full authentication and encryption). If you do not know what tftp is, I suggest you do not enter that endeavour as you will most probably brick your device.

So your plan of action is okay: remove hard disk, reboot, factory reset and thén apply the firmware from an USB stick connected to the NVR.

Good luck!
CC

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I already did that and NVR went in cycle loop ...so I had to buy another NVR ...I would like to repair previous NVR myself instead sending it back to Andy

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

Reimo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

JST

n3wb
Reaction score
Might there be that you have just some motion or alarm or other event set with alarm-out? That is why it is clicking.
I wish that were the case, would make for a much easier resolution. Unfortunately I'm not the only one who's experienced this and thankfully others have already done a lot of the heavy lifting towards identifying a potential root cause. @MakeItRain provided a great post on page 7 which describes the exact same issue I'm having but in much better detail, Original Post - Detailing Clicking Problem.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi all,
Long time member, few time poster. I just want to add my input.

regarding the motion notifications, if you are setting this up from the NVR on your smart phone using IDMSS PLUS, then each time you get a notification you can view the pre-recordered footage, of you are setting it from the camera then you can’t not view any footage as your camera don’t have memory card inserted (most people don’t have this).

Can someone please on fw v4+ confirm for me if there are an option to setup dahua.ddns.com under DDNS in the network option please ?
also is there is this on v3 ?

Last question
For NVR5208-8P-4KS2 Can someone link me to the latest v3 firmware ?

many thanks

rmz

n3wb
Reaction score
Updated and now when the nvr starts I can only see the V4 logo and then after one minute the nvr reboot, any idea how to solve the problem?

TheDude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe you can catch it with the Config Tool, select its checkbox and re-initialize it or restore the factory defaults using the Config Tool? Might be worth a try. Not sure otherwise other than maybe trying to manually connect its serial port and see what a console session shows and try to update it that way. There are other threads on using a console cable and serial connection on here...

This should be the latest version of the Config Tool

Rockie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hope they fox the error "Download certificate" when I try to access live view.

I've found this

DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000003.1.R.200813

Rockie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've saved the configuration, reset to defaults, reload configuration and no all works, no more Download certificate error.

New firmware, but it seems to be Chinese only?

DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_Chn_V4.001.0000003.2.R.201010.bin

DH-NVR5208-4KS2,DH-NVR5216-4KS2

DH-NVR5232-4KS2,DH-NVR5408-4KS2

DH-NVR5416-4KS2,DH-NVR5432-4KS2

DH-NVR5808-4KS2,DH-NVR5808FG-4KS2

DH-NVR5816-4KS2,DH-NVR5816FG-4KS2

DH-NVR5832-4KS2,DH-NVR5832FG-4KS2

DH-NVR5864-4KS2,DH-NVR5864FG-4KS2

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated and now when the nvr starts I can only see the V4 logo and then after one minute the nvr reboot, any idea how to solve the problem?
Try this, open the NVR and locate the reset button. Unplug the power of the NVR then hold down the reset button. Plug power back in while still holding the reset button. Keep holding button ( up to 30-45 seconds) until you hear a long beep. After that your NVR might work again.