BIT email test throws error

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BIT configured correctly, I believe, with known user and password, as well as SMTP server and port. However it fails the "Test". How to diagnose? Does BIT have logging?
Don

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have BIT configured correctly, I believe, with known user and password, as well as SMTP server and port. However it fails the "Test". How to diagnose? Does BIT have logging?
Don
The test emails aren't logged (only the fact that it didn't send). Are you using gmail?

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All other email apps such as Outlook and BI work fine sending smtp.

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm also getting a similar error message when the try to send a test email - Send Test Email in the OPTIONS tab?

"The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code 0x80040217. The server response was not available."

I did get a warning email message in my gmail.com email account they blocked suspicious activity and blocked access.

Any ideas how to workaround or fix?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also getting a similar error message when the try to send a test email - Send Test Email in the OPTIONS tab?

"The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code 0x80040217. The server response was not available."

I did get a warning email message in my gmail.com email account they blocked suspicious activity and blocked access.

Any ideas how to workaround or fix?
Go here and follow the steps to change your G-mail security settings to 'allow less secure apps to access your account'==>> Allow or disallow less secure apps to access accounts

vzh101

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting that error message too. Anyone have a fix to this? Thanks!