black and white only

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
Am not getting color, only black and white from camera, is a wanesview ncm625ga. I might be going crazy but I believe that I once had color. I have looked in BI help and not found a setting for this. Done a quick search on this forum and have yet to find an answer.

Does anyone have ant thoughts on this?

tnx

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Log into your camera's web interface with your browser and look at the camera's (in this example Dahua) settings > video or settings > video > configuration and determine that the camera is not set to display "Night" settings at all times.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Am not getting color, only black and white from camera, is a wanesview ncm625ga. I might be going crazy but I believe that I once had color. I have looked in BI help and not found a setting for this. Done a quick search on this forum and have yet to find an answer.

Does anyone have ant thoughts on this?

tnx
This is a camera issue

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly you have clicked on something you were not aware of, such as below. With my cams and using BI v4, if I click on the light bulb once so that it's RED, my daytime image goes from color to B & W.
Hold it down for "AUTO".

IR_control.jpg

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for the quick replies, this a great forum! TonyR got it. Although the IR was not enabled I enabled IR, then disabled IR and color is back! You people are fantastic!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the quick replies, this a great forum! TonyR got it. Although the IR was not enabled I enabled IR, then disabled IR and color is back! You people are fantastic!!
hold the button down to set it to auto otherwise it will stay in day mode. Again this is a camera issue as the camera was set to night mode.

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue after an update earlier this year. Nothing has changed and these Dahua’s have been great for 4-5 years. Now two of the cameras are stuck on night mode after the blue Iris update. If you don’t tap/click the bulb they stay in black and white mode. Very frustrating. Tried holding the button and using the orange auto mode but doesn’t seem to work right. How come the other cameras are working just fine. Same make and models with no changes to the camera settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue after an update earlier this year. Nothing has changed and these Dahua’s have been great for 4-5 years. Now two of the cameras are stuck on night mode after the blue Iris update. If you don’t tap/click the bulb they stay in black and white mode. Very frustrating. Tried holding the button and using the orange auto mode but doesn’t seem to work right. How come the other cameras are working just fine. Same make and models with no changes to the camera settings.
Can you confirm it is a BI update issue by rolling back to an earlier version and see if that eliminates the issue? Some of us have experienced a BI update doing something wonky to a camera and a rollback is how we kinda confirm it was the update and not something else.

Reaction score
I can try but I’m worried trying that because it breaks the iPhone app for my clients. That was the entire reason I did the last major update.

Reaction score
Backed up the Blue Iris version as far as I could and the problem still persisted. Went into the cameras themselves (which I haven't had to do in about 3 years or more) and noticed the day/night mode was set to 'photovoltaic' so I swapped it to auto and we shall see if the problem is fixed. Makes no sense that it would be a camera issue if they haven't been tampered with in so many years. It is possible Blue Iris somehow changed these settings since its the only thing that has the login credentials to the cameras aside from myself?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is certainly possible - many of us with some recent BI updates have seen it turn SMD on in the camera and some other weird things that it shouldn't be.

We suspect that there is some issue pulling ONVIF triggers and is miscommunicating somehow.

Reaction score
It is certainly possible - many of us with some recent BI updates have seen it turn SMD on in the camera and some other weird things that it shouldn't be.

We suspect that there is some issue pulling ONVIF triggers and is miscommunicating somehow.
Thank you for your reply. What is the default mode the day/night setting is supposed to be on for Dahua PTZ cameras (SD59A230TN-HNI)? These units don't have a Photoresistor do they?

1629578559725.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Default is auto, but you can force it to another one.

Last edited: