Blackview DR650S-2CH-IR

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no but it heats and cools my ass quite well.. There's a button on the mirror that I found that disables auto-darkening, but I had to press it every time I got in.

I had cars tha'd be over 15 years old now that had auto darkening rear view mirror, some of us like our technology that let us focus on the road and not have to fiddle around with cranking windows up and down like a Neanderthal

The amount of shit on this car thats automatic is just fantastic, and I love em all.. I buy my cars for my own pleasure, they are not simple tools for getting me from A->B, since I got my first motorcycle at age 10 the've been my escape, freedom from the masses and there ugly transportation devices.. The road and I are old friends, the've taken me all over this continent and expanded my horizons in every direction.

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
no but it heats and cools my ass quite well.. There's a button on the mirror that I found that disables auto-darkening, but I had to press it every time I got in.

I had cars tha'd be over 15 years old now that had auto darkening rear view mirror, some of us like our technology that let us focus on the road and not have to fiddle around with cranking windows up and down like a Neanderthal

The amount of shit on this car thats automatic is just fantastic, and I love em all.. I buy my cars for my own pleasure, they are not simple tools for getting me from A->B, since I got my first motorcycle at age 10 the've been my escape, freedom from the masses and there ugly transportation devices.. The road and I are old friends, the've taken me all over this continent and expanded my horizons in every direction.
It's cute how he tries to talk shit or complain about things that he doesn't have (cars with options, houses with hoa, etc).

I'm unfortunately gonna have to mount my front cam on the top left corner. The sensors for the mirror and auto wipers is too bulky in front of the mirror to make it discrete... kind of a bummer.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I installed it at the top of the window above the mirror, unfortunately the edge of the frame is blocked by the rain sensor/mirror.. I definitely need to get the polarized filter, I'll get some photos and images from it today.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
here's the new mounting spot for continued testing.. behind some factory tint, which makes it alot more discrete from outside the vehicle.. the camera dont seem to mind.

IMAG0014.jpg

had to make sure the sun visors would not make contact with it.

vlcsnap-2017-04-18-13h01m26s444.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks to this blog: Dashcam Hacking

Live Stream - http://IP-ADDRESS-OF-CAMERA/blackvue_live.cgi
List of Recordings - http://IP-ADDRESS-OF-CAMERA/blackvue_vod.cgi

This opens up a couple possibilities, one I could create an app that detects when the DashCam connects to the home WiFi and then does a backup/archival of all recordings to my NAS automagically.. and if I'm really lucky I might be able to add the live stream to my NVR and have the camera recorded to my video recorder when its at home.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could always try to 3d print something to hold a filter or attempt to glue something on with something like some silicone.

I can't find the article, but there was a story in the local news about someone who got a ticket after posting video to youtube or facebook of themselves committing some kind of traffic violation months earlier... Be careful of those rolling stops :p

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
You could always try to 3d print something to hold a filter or attempt to glue something on with something like some silicone.

I can't find the article, but there was a story in the local news about someone who got a ticket after posting video to youtube or facebook of themselves committing some kind of traffic violation months earlier... Be careful of those rolling stops :p
I don't think that is legal, at all. typically someone has to witness the violation, even those traffic cameras from what I have been told don't really mean anything, I'd have to find it but somewhere I read you could just ignore the tickets from them in the mail because no law really backs them up.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

That would be easy to fight, if love to see them try ...any idea what the filter is made of? To 3d print a mount would be pretty easy and convenient for me

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's an article on it: Man Gets Traffic Ticket For Posting Video on Facebook

Designing your own 3d model would take some effort and maybe a few iterations. Filter is most likely glass, it's a polarizing filter. While it may be fun to try, in the end you're likely to give up and buy the pro product. Filter itself would be similar to one of these (not sure the exact size):
Amazon.com : CPL Circular Polarizer Glare Shine Polarizing Filter for Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Lens : Camera & Photo
Linear Polarizing Filter Set of Three 12mm Diameter Microscope, Optical Devices | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks to this blog: Dashcam Hacking

Live Stream - http://IP-ADDRESS-OF-CAMERA/blackvue_live.cgi
List of Recordings - http://IP-ADDRESS-OF-CAMERA/blackvue_vod.cgi

This opens up a couple possibilities, one I could create an app that detects when the DashCam connects to the home WiFi and then does a backup/archival of all recordings to my NAS automagically.. and if I'm really lucky I might be able to add the live stream to my NVR and have the camera recorded to my video recorder when its at home.
That would be SO cool. That's something I thought I wanted when I got my first dash cam, but then I realized what do I need to keep all that footage for? I rarely capture anything worth keeping/re-watching and when I do I pull the SD card and save the file.

That being said, there have been times I've forgotten or didn't pull it in time and accidentally recorded over the footage. That happened to the ONE accident that happened in front of me in the past 2+ years of dash cam.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The gov't generally rewrites legislation to make traffic cam tickets legal before they install them. Otherwise there'd be a million people in court saying someone must've borrowed their car that day. "It kinda looks like me in the picture your honour but it isn't. Honest!" They attach the ticket to the owner, not necessarily the driver.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would be SO cool. That's something I thought I wanted when I got my first dash cam, but then I realized what do I need to keep all that footage for? I rarely capture anything worth keeping/re-watching and when I do I pull the SD card and save the file.

That being said, there have been times I've forgotten or didn't pull it in time and accidentally recorded over the footage. That happened to the ONE accident that happened in front of me in the past 2+ years of dash cam.
yeah I wont be keeping any of it indefinitely; I can easily auto-purge it out after a month or so.. but this kinda throws a kink in my plans, I was just going to wired it to a keyed power source in the overhead console area.. but in order for me to scrape all the videos off it I'll need to stay powered up after I shut the vehicle down, so I guess Imna have to carefully snake it down an airbag equipped pillar and into the fuse box where I have the room to wire up a Low Voltage Disconnect..

Unfortunately Ive not found a LVD that lets me shut down at about ~12.2V, they all want to let it discharge further than I'm comfortable with.. I'm thinking of installing an onboard battery charger on the Audi though, so I could plug the vehicle in and let the camera run all the time when its not being used every day.. I could also plug it in when camping at a place w/power since the kids will be sleeping in the back of it.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Coulda sworn I've seen a battery cutout that had adjustable voltage settings on it before. Can't quite remember where it was though. I think it was a link off of a Viofo A119 review site for recommended accessories?? Can't just be a Viofo thing though.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I just gotta find one.. I know they exist.

Got the dashcam connected to my outdoor access point, mapped a static DHCP reservation.. seems to have a pretty good connection
Screenshot 2017-04-19 15.09.11.png Screenshot 2017-04-19 15.05.04.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this seems suitable, more than I'd like to spend though: Battery Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) module 12V | eBay

However, because it supports enough amps I could tap this into the trailer accessory wiring and dual purpose it so it disconnects the trailer's loads from the vehicle when it gets below whatever I determine is appropriate..

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this seems suitable, more than I'd like to spend though: Battery Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) module 12V | eBay

However, because it supports enough amps I could tap this into the trailer accessory wiring and dual purpose it so it disconnects the trailer's loads from the vehicle when it gets below whatever I determine is appropriate..
swap a few resistors and you can probably set this to >12.1v cutoff Low Voltage Disconnect Module LVD, 12V 10A, Protect/Prolong Battery Life. | eBay

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats a good point, but I'm trying to go more towards a MOSFET design instead of a Relay.. those Relay LVD's use 2mA, a Solid State LVD use 0.2mA

this vehicle is largely recreational, it can go weeks or mebe even a month without being started.. and with all the electronics in it everything will go to shit if I let the battery go flat.