Blue Iris Annual Fee?

Reaction score
I got to say LMFAO. I guess thats why its been a couple years since even looking at this site... Sorry for my math of 4 years, I went back and looked at when I registered, not started thread, omg sorry. To cheap to pay, I have paid twice, was expecting to pay again on version 5 and still will. Did anyone read my comments? Compare this, you rent something to someone then just change the lock without informing that someone. The upgrade button is disabled without notice and its not for a new version or upgrade to V5, can you understand that, is it simple enough for you yet? Have a great day people

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got to say LMFAO. I guess thats why its been a couple years since even looking at this site... Sorry for my math of 4 years, I went back and looked at when I registered, not started thread, omg sorry. To cheap to pay, I have paid twice, was expecting to pay again on version 5 and still will. Did anyone read my comments? Compare this, you rent something to someone then just change the lock without informing that someone. The upgrade button is disabled without notice and its not for a new version or upgrade to V5, can you understand that, is it simple enough for you yet? Have a great day people
Cheapskate...that's all I hear. You were obviuosly aware of the changes as you posted back in 2016. Instead of being grateful you bitch. UPDATES ARE STILL FREE. STOP BITCHING. The program itself tells you support is expired. Too bad for the low IQ. As usual, the leeches of society are complaining. Switch to another VMS already and let us know how that works out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Tinman you are correct. I downloaded the update from the website after chatting with the BI people and now the Update button is again enabled and it can be updated correctly, thanks again.

davidmtml

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I am confused on this too.

I purchased BI a little over a year ago, and am thoroughly impressed.

My initial support ended Jan 2 2019. I notice now that my Check for Updates button is grayed out. So...are the minor updates still free?? Or not? Am I supposed to download the update manually from the website?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I notice now that my Check for Updates button is grayed out. So...are the minor updates still free??
When you upgrade your Blue Iris installation to version 4.8.4.7 your "Check For Updates" button shall return. Browse to Download Blue Iris and manually download, and then install the download over your existing Blue Iris install. You shan't lose any of your existing Blue Iris settings, except -- perhaps -- some trigger/motion masks. Your "Check For Updates" button will return after you have completed manual installation.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you upgrade your Blue Iris installation to version 4.8.4.7 your "Check For Updates" button shall return.
I wonder if that means that the next version will be 5. And the return of the "Check For Updates" button is solely to let people know about it.