Blue Iris CPU Issues

Rtaylor115

n3wb
Reaction score
Custom built computer - Asus ROQ motherboard. i9 CPU, 64GB memory. OS on SSD. Recordings on external SAS tower connected to a SAS card. 32 1080p cameras. BI configured for Intel hardware acceleration. Direct to disc recording, Recording 24x7.

I've done everything I can to resolve this issue including following recommendations on this site - CPU utilization and memory utilization is 100%. I shut down BI and PC performance returns to what you would expect of a system like this. I removed system from network so cameras are not found and BI uses 25% CPU and virtually all RAM. Windows 10 Pro Os with latest updates. BI5 with latest updates.

I tried emailing support back in December or January with no response. Can anyone help me before I dump this software?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Custom built computer - Asus ROQ motherboard. i9 CPU, 64GB memory. OS on SSD. Recordings on external SAS tower connected to a SAS card. 32 1080p cameras. BI configured for Intel hardware acceleration. Direct to disc recording, Recording 24x7.

I've done everything I can to resolve this issue including following recommendations on this site - CPU utilization and memory utilization is 100%. I shut down BI and PC performance returns to what you would expect of a system like this. I removed system from network so cameras are not found and BI uses 25% CPU and virtually all RAM. Windows 10 Pro Os with latest updates. BI5 with latest updates.

I tried emailing support back in December or January with no response. Can anyone help me before I dump this software?
Dump the software. It’s obviously a software issue as you haven’t found a single thread discussing the solution in five months. The rest of us have magical pc’s.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top),
2) windows task manager performance, GPU
3) Blue Iris Setting about tab
4) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
5) blue Iris status cameras
6) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)
7) on two of the camera properties the record tab.