Blue Iris crashing on client opening after being stable

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had BI running several years on a pretty much dedicated computer and all of a sudden when I go to open the client either locally or over remote desktop it freezes and won't finish opening. I need to configure a specific camera.

The windows CPU can now hit 100% when trying to open it. The install does work fine when accessing over a web page, phone etc. It is working but I can't get to it anymore.

Is there any command line or method to stop the cameras while loading so I can go in a configure them instead of doing a reinstall?

-I'm on the latest Nov 11, 2016 update version
-Win 10 64bit, Intel i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
32gb Ram

I am running 24 cameras mainly Hikvision and this install was working fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had BI running several years on a pretty much dedicated computer and all of a sudden when I go to open the client either locally or over remote desktop it freezes and won't finish opening. I need to configure a specific camera.

The windows CPU can now hit 100% when trying to open it. The install does work fine when accessing over a web page, phone etc. It is working but I can't get to it anymore.

Is there any command line or method to stop the cameras while loading so I can go in a configure them instead of doing a reinstall?

-I'm on the latest Nov 11, 2016 update version
-Win 10 64bit, Intel i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
32gb Ram

I am running 24 cameras mainly Hikvision and this install was working fine.
Was this happening before the latest update? if not, roll back.

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not sure what is going on with my install now. I tried an old version and its doing the same thing now. BI 3 did work though, but that is not an option. I've disabled the majority of my cameras via my phone and CPU doesn't appear to be an issue now. Its 50-60% or less. When I launch the client it takes about 2-3 minutes to get to the camera screen, some cameras pop up, but the BI banner does not go away. It then just completely crashes. I still can't configure anything locally. The BI db is on a SSD, Alerts and New are on a local hard disk, stored is on a nas. Any suggestions other than doing a uninstall and reinstall?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not sure what is going on with my install now. I tried an old version and its doing the same thing now. BI 3 did work though, but that is not an option. I've disabled the majority of my cameras via my phone and CPU doesn't appear to be an issue now. Its 50-60% or less. When I launch the client it takes about 2-3 minutes to get to the camera screen, some cameras pop up, but the BI banner does not go away. It then just completely crashes. I still can't configure anything locally. The BI db is on a SSD, Alerts and New are on a local hard disk, stored is on a nas. Any suggestions other than doing a uninstall and reinstall?
An uninstall reinstall should take about a minuet or two with the ssd..export your settings...import them...done...deactivate the registration first..make sure you have the key...this the the best solution.

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is exactly the issue with reinstalling. The app won't launch to export my latest settings or allow me to deactivate the license.