Blue Iris Extended Support Auto Renewal

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, I think it is fairly obvious LOL.
Who else would say they bought 2 licenses and a subscription update and then say they are using the Demo version of BI5...
It is clear they have no idea how substreams are used....
It is clear on a lot of things LOL....
Probably is.

On the other hand, could just be someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of BI and maybe they are not very tech savvy. In this instance the complaint seems tp be with Digital River....I could be mistaken but I have bought other software arrangents through that provider (I think??) and have had issues before....I want to say it was Quciken, some time ago......and it was a nightmare. So there could be truth in what they said. None of us are strangers to POOR customer support or shady fine print in subscriptions (another reason I try and NOT do subscriptions whenever I can).

All sorts of stuff to muck us up in the computer world out there.....

I am trying to learn the INs and OUTs of Brightsign interfaces for work and MAN.....I have been playing with video, TVs, AV and computers for decades but just when I think I know the deal with it all, Brightsign says "not so fast, smartass!" LOL-- LEARNING CURVE!!!!! And i have asked what probably seem like DUMB questions on forums and to tech support....a lot of them....LOL

WITTAJ, you have personally helped me MANY times in your answers and offering FAST help.....I owe a HUGE debt to you and others here for the help...without it, I wouldn't have my BI system running.......YOU (and others here) KNOW YOUR SHIT!!!!! THANK YOU for sharing so openly of your knowledge.....seriously!

That said, my BI system is just a small part of everyday life...I am fascinated by BI and how much it does...LOVE IT....and once Isit down nehond the interface or at this forum, I find myself trying new stuff ...sometimes with not great outcomes.....LOL......but often simply run out of time to do much.

Honestly...."they have no idea how substreams are used" doesn't mean its a troll....LOL....I have a very low understanding of them myself and I am very much NOT a troll....just ig'nernt when it comes to BI and surveilance cams in general....trying to learn though! Only so much time in a day.

I am STILL trying to decide what camera to try next to upgrade from the brillcams I have.....great basic cameras, but as you pointed out to me, not great as far as clarity/detail at night up close.....I have sat down a few times to try and decide what to go with, that works with BI, mounts the way I need it and wont break the bank.....and I start reading yours and others advice here and I get.....overwhelmed.....and I kick the can down the road again.....LOL

I am being exposed to AXIS security cameras (ugh......that sounds wrong...LOL...not "exposed" per se.....dirty minds!) as a sidebar at work, and man......they are ok for what they are doing (zoom rez sucks), but their software sucks eggs at times.....LOL...makes me appreciate BI (and the support base it has with y'all) even more!

So to all, please be somewhat gentle when newbies like me ask dumbass questions.....some may be trolls, but the rest of us are just trying to learn.....y'all didint come out of the womb knowing this stuff....it took time and practice.....lots of both.......we'll get there.....and in the meantime I hope I can still reach out to the more learned folks here with "dumb" questions and scenarios and not be seen as a troll or worse.

Sorry to go long.....mouth (finger) diarrea.....just putting my newbie two cents out there. Thanks for listening (reading) with an open mind.

Now, let me get back to being overwhelmed...LOL

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@moparcruiser - the poster we are referring to was removed by a mod and as such all their posts were removed as well. If you saw their posts, you would know that it was a troll and my posts and others here would make more sense looking at them now. They understood what substreams were and dismissed it because their eyes were superman level and needed mainstream or something like that lol.

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@moparcruiser - the poster we are referring to was removed by a mod and as such all their posts were removed as well. If you saw their posts, you would know that it was a troll and my posts and others here would make more sense looking at them now. They understood what substreams were and dismissed it because their eyes were superman level and needed mainstream or something like that lol.
OH! Gotcha.....well shut my face on that poster. LOL

I still beg for forgiveness in advacne for the DUMB questions I have ...and will....ask. :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The guys first post was questionable but we gave him the benefit of doubt. The next posts made it clear it was a troll wanting to stir the pot.

Most here are receptive to the NOOB questions and willing to help out, but as soon as the poster goes all jerk, that is when it goes south.

I don't ever recall you posting anything that warranted a flip response back LOL.

We were all NOOB's once.

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The guys first post was questionable but we gave him the benefit of doubt. The next posts made it clear it was a troll wanting to stir the pot.

Most here are receptive to the NOOB questions and willing to help out, but as soon as the poster goes all jerk, that is when it goes south.

I don't ever recall you posting anything that warranted a flip response back LOL.

We were all NOOB's once.
Give me a chance on that last line...the "night is young" as they say......I will eventually post something that comes across like a a jagoff, even if I didnt mean it that way....I have that habit I am told.....