Blue-Iris Features

Spizz

n3wb
Reaction score
I've installed a Dahua Camera that I'm testing at my outdoor area of my house. After mucking around with SmartPSS it's a little buggy and can't get certain things to work correctly, especially PC-NVR for playback / record or recognizing my NAS.

Reading on the forum, seems most users are using Blue-Iris! Looked it up and looks great!

Is it an NVR? in terms of, record and playback, search etc.
Can you record to a NAS Drive?
Will it work with Dahua Cameras? As well as work with some TP-LINK IP Cams I have in the house?
When I'm away from my house am I able to view my cameras? and Playback etc via the mobile or iPad? (multiple devices) - Is that included or are they additional costed addons?
Can it be used on more then one PC? (I've got the main PC set up in the server room where the cams are routed - currently I remote access via other pc's on the network and can view software that way - or am I able to install on multiple devices and change settings etc?)

Everything is a learning curve for me atm :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've installed a Dahua Camera that I'm testing at my outdoor area of my house. After mucking around with SmartPSS it's a little buggy and can't get certain things to work correctly, especially PC-NVR for playback / record or recognizing my NAS.

Reading on the forum, seems most users are using Blue-Iris! Looked it up and looks great!
Is it an NVR? in terms of, record and playback, search etc. It does that and more and IMO, does it better.
Can you record to a NAS Drive? YES
Will it work with Dahua Cameras? YES
As well as work with some TP-LINK IP Cams I have in the house? Probably
When I'm away from my house am I able to view my cameras? YES
and Playback etc via the mobile or iPad? (multiple devices) - YES
Is that included or are they additional costed addons? Included
Can it be used on more then one PC? (I've got the main PC set up in the server room where the cams are routed - currently I remote access via other pc's on the network and can view software that way - or am I able to install on multiple devices and change settings etc?) One license for one PC but it has a built-in webserver, access camera clips, etc. from unlimited PC, tablets, etc. by launching a browser and viewing it's pages, called UI3. Also available for iOS and Android phones & tablets is the Blue Iris app (additional cost).

Download and try the demo for free! But for the long haul, it will run so much better on a PC that meets these requirements and has been optimized.

Spizz

n3wb
Reaction score
SOLD.
thanks for that
no need to try the free version....
happy to buy and work with it as well a support the devs.