Blue Iris keeps crashing

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is if the computer restarts correct? My computer had not restarted. I would like blue iris to restart if it crashes.
the service will restart automatically. That said, stop being lazy and fix the issue causing the crashes.

Richard Aman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Define crash. What causes the computer to crash ?
Or is it Blue Iris that crashes and the computer is operational ?
I'm not sure what is causing Blue Iris to crash. I'm still working on it. The computer is not restarting, the only program that crashes is Blue Iris. I also have NRok still running at the same time - it is running with no issues. Everything is updated to it's current versions. I have not had time to do a clean install of windows yet.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the computer is crashing it is more than likely not blue iris. look at the computer event log at the time of the crash. What version of windows are you running ?
What is your hardware specs ?
You must do a clean install.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what is causing Blue Iris to crash. I'm still working on it. The computer is not restarting, the only program that crashes is Blue Iris. I also have NRok still running at the same time - it is running with no issues. Everything is updated to it's current versions. I have not had time to do a clean install of windows yet.
a clean install of windows takes 10-15 min. A clean system is a must.