Blue Iris New Version Does Not Have Framerate Limiting Control-Major Issue w Foscams

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a problem with BI causing a change in my Foscam Video settings. WHen BI starts up or I make a change to the settings in the BI for the camera it cause a change in my camera settings. I set the camera to stream a Frame rate of 10 then start BI which causes the camera to reset it to 25. This is a problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?
blue iris cannot adjust the cameras frame rates...but you can try this Issues on fps Setup

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried it and BI can not log in on another setting. I am sending the camera back. IT was a FI9821. So warning to anyone who may buy it :)

r0nr0cks

n3wb
Reaction score
yup I have 5 old foscams yet that are doing exactly this. If I have to restart BI for any reason those cams all reset to there highest framerate. After I change them all back they remain at 15 fps untill I start BI again. So the fix is to run BI always in the background and to never restart it. As well as a great power back up solution to keep the PC running during power outages. :) Problem solved or get some newer decent cams !!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps you could add those cameras using a jpeg snapshot URL instead of mjpeg, and control their frame rates that way.