Blue iris suddenly used 80% memory since last update.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Qtm: Thankfully I am not the only with this problem . So I really hope for a solution.

Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Again an update:

Running Graphic driver 4664 , and the LAtest BI version 4.6.5.4
Ken asked me to check for the hardware acceleration ( which I allready tried on the 15th of december). I tried again 2 days ago. And you know what ...... all is stable for the last 2 days. 25%/2GB.

Leave it now like it is , update the graphic driver? turn Hardware accelration on again for testing? pfffff .... Or just say ... hey ... it is working fine .... don't touch it ( fingers are itching though!!)

Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I couldn't resist.......... turned Hardware acceleration on again , rebooted > 8 hours later 90% cpu and double RAM.
So I turned HArdware acceleration off again rebooted and now , the last 5 hours it seems to be stable.

Driver 4664 and BI version 4.6.5.4

I let it run for another and will inform Ken about the findings.
Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.6.6.0: As soon as I switch on Hardware acceleration , my CPU goes to ca 90% over 8-9 hours. Turning HA off , I have a stable 35%/4GB.
(With HA it starts with about 22% CPU )

Cor

Jarrett

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having a memory leak on blue iris on my Intel nuc with an intel iris 6100. It's a dedicated system that only runs blue iris. I have to reboot it daily or memory will peak up to 99%.
And yes I have latest Intel graphics drivers 4835 for Windows 7. I use direct to disk.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a memory leak on blue iris on my Intel nuc with an intel iris 6100. It's a dedicated system that only runs blue iris. I have to reboot it daily or memory will peak up to 99%.
so solve it with the info provided in this thread, there is a direct link to the solution.

Jarrett

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I'm confused that is why I was asking for help. I went to change hardware acceleration but the button is greyed out.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I'm confused that is why I was asking for help. I went to change hardware acceleration but the button is greyed out.
did you read the thread with the solution? you should not be in the troubleshooting tab.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you need to revert to the proper intel driver and you need to prevent windows from applying the driver update again.

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to update, been over 2 months and I'm still sitting at 6-8% idle with 10 cameras. Adding #11 this weekend. The key is once you fix it, be sure to set Windows to not automatically install drivers, otherwise everything you do will be in vein.
Thanks again @techfun