Blue Iris Support - reachable?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how Ken ever has time to write code with all the support emails he must get.

Also not sure why the emails bounced in that manner.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how Ken ever has time to write code with all the support emails he must get.

Also not sure why the emails bounced in that manner.
amen, I have to neglect my health, family, responsibilities, and a sacrifice mountain of caffeinated beverages and cannabis to get any coding accomplished.. Im quite impressed for what that one man show is doing, and im not easily impressed.

I cant shut it off, I either communicate in code with machines or in english with humans.. but not at the same time.

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. You would be surprised about how many folks bitch and moan about the 30 dollar upgrade fee going from BI3 to BI4...you have the right mindset...
I would do it now if I wasn't on the latest version already. I just need the license reset. Upgraded the server OS and virtualized the server at the same time and now the license won't register again. Have sent three or four emails from different accounts with all the registration info. Still no response. Ugh.....

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would do it now if I wasn't on the latest version already. I just need the license reset. Upgraded the server OS and virtualized the server at the same time and now the license won't register again. Have sent three or four emails from different accounts with all the registration info. Still no response. Ugh.....
Try contacting the software licence company:
Customer Support | Order Search | Software Selling Website

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it doesn't help you now, but if you remember to deactivate your license in Blue Iris before you wipe it, you shouldn't run into issues registering the license again.

Be aware that even if you have a compatible CPU, you can't use Quick Sync Video in any kind of virtual machine. Therefore you can't use hardware accelerated H.264 decoding in Blue Iris running in a VM.

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
They responded to me and reset license and all is well. They got back to me in about 48 hours. Check your spam folders! Their email was sitting in my junk folder. The rep sent a message from a Gmail account. If anyone hasn't heard from them their mail could be in your junk folder too.

I know it doesn't help you now, but if you remember to deactivate your license in Blue Iris before you wipe it, you shouldn't run into issues registering the license again.

Be aware that even if you have a compatible CPU, you can't use Quick Sync Video in any kind of virtual machine. Therefore you can't use hardware accelerated H.264 decoding in Blue Iris running in a VM.
I forgot to unregister in haste. Was more focused on getting the email and web settings moved over. This is the first time I didn't deactivate first. Appreciate the tip on encoding. It worked but not as well as I wanted. Ended up moving it back to the physical machine over the weekend expecting it was some sort of encoding issue but didn't dig into it.

bitNine

n3wb
Reaction score
amen, I have to neglect my health, family, responsibilities, and a sacrifice mountain of caffeinated beverages and cannabis to get any coding accomplished.. Im quite impressed for what that one man show is doing, and im not easily impressed.

I cant shut it off, I either communicate in code with machines or in english with humans.. but not at the same time.
Ditto. I'm typically really critical of software and hardware (ask the CEO of Amcrest how much he hates my negative reviews on all his products), but I really didn't find much to complain about with BI. I installed it and within a few minutes I had it up and running. I seriously sat there wondering how it all happened so easily. Almost like writing a bunch of code and it compiling on the first try. Kudos to Ken for what he's doing. I'll probably pay for the upgraded support just because I can, and because I understand the effort that goes into something like this.

I also learned something from this thread. I will be moving BI at home to a new machine in a few days when I receive it, and wasn't aware about the license deactivation. Good info.

Reaction score
i have the same problem, still no response

Reaction score
i have diffculty installing the software, im a newbee in blue iris so everytime i see bugs i reinstall just to reset into default. But now it needs reset. I still problem in blue iris, once i solved one, another arise. Maybe need more reset to familiarize the software. Can anybody know how to reset just to reinstall the software? As of now i use the evaluation software

louieg

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been trying to contact them for 3 weeks to purchase a second license key at the discount price. No response. Not in spam, not returned undeliverable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been trying to contact them for 3 weeks to purchase a second license key at the discount price. No response. Not in spam, not returned undeliverable.
use a standard email address, like gmail..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So Blue Iris doesn't listen to AT&T/Yahoo mail? I didn't have any problems buying the original using At&t.
no idea...it might be flagged as spam...when you buy there is no interaction with a human or a spam filter

JonW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have contacted support on a couple occasions and have received a response back within 24 hours. I've been very happy with the support provided!