Blue Iris Troubles!!!

IseeUgopee

n3wb
Reaction score
I need help with the Blue Iris Software. I recently purchased the BI software and I have only used it a few times. A few days ago, it asked me to update the firmware. And I did so. Now, after this update, I NO LONGER HAVE CONTROL OVER MY PTZ CAMERA CONTROLS!!! I can still view the camera, however, it just won't let me zoom in or out nor move left or right, up or down... I have absolutely no control on the computer nor the app version. What gives??? I have a feeling I screwed something up! After all, I am considered as a, "Newbie." (Or, Dumbass, if you prefer!) The camera is a Sunba PTZ camera. And it looks absolutely amazing. It sure works well on the free app. And I've had no issues thus far using the free app, --the PTZ controls work fine on it. I'm beginning to think Blue Iris was a waste of money. Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need help with the Blue Iris Software. I recently purchased the BI software and I have only used it a few times. A few days ago, it asked me to update the firmware. And I did so. Now, after this update, I NO LONGER HAVE CONTROL OVER MY PTZ CAMERA CONTROLS!!! I can still view the camera, however, it just won't let me zoom in or out nor move left or right, up or down... I have absolutely no control on the computer nor the app version. What gives??? I have a feeling I screwed something up! After all, I am considered as a, "Newbie." (Or, Dumbass, if you prefer!) The camera is a Sunba PTZ camera. And it looks absolutely amazing. It sure works well on the free app. And I've had no issues thus far using the free app, --the PTZ controls work fine on it. I'm beginning to think Blue Iris was a waste of money. Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated...
Blue iris has no firmware.
Sunba is junk to be avoided.
You need to explain if you updated blue iris software or the camera firmware.
Yes blue iris is a big waste of money...Try avigilon much better!!!! Damn you are a sucker for buying blue iris...its obviously crap if it cannot control your ptz and doesnt magically fix itself.:rolleyes:
and yes, you are a dumbass.

IseeUgopee

n3wb
Reaction score
When I was on the Blue Iris Software it said something about update. And it showed several bug fixes for the software. Not sure...

IseeUgopee

n3wb
Reaction score
Ever heard the saying, "I wish I would have known then what I know now?" I'm out 30 bucks and own crappy software! What do you know about Sunba cameras, fenderman??? Do tell, please.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I was on the Blue Iris Software it said something about update. And it showed several bug fixes for the software. Not sure...
yes, cut your loses. Blue iris is crap like you said. I mean it has to be. It must be blue iris's fault that your ptz controls stopped working. You have tried all basic trouble shooting like checking your settings, setting up the camera again, checking your login credtials. You even emailed support and they blew you off right? So it must be crap. Like I said, try avigilon, yes its 100 PER camera and their mobile app doesnt even support audio, but who cares, your 100 dollar sunba will work perfect. No issues. Better yet, try a hikvision NVR, much better than blue iris. Less options, very few pesky updates so you will be fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever heard the saying, "I wish I would have known then what I know now?" I'm out 30 bucks and own crappy software! What do you know about Sunba cameras, fenderman??? Do tell, please.
You own crappy software and a crappy camera, bad day for you. Worst of all, you have no ability to detect sarcasm. Good luck, you'll need it.

stevekelso

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I wonder if I can get some help here ..
I purchased a Sunba P625 PTX and I have Blue Iris -Current Ver as of 08-17-21
I can hit the Speaker in Blue Iris and Hear fine through the camera
But the when I hit the MIC to Speak through the Camera I just get Feedback and it doesnt work ?
I emailed Sunba Techs and they said that because the camera is using ONVIF the Speaker wont work ????
Not I noticed in the BI Camera config Page there is a Check box at the bottom Right that says
( Setup RTSP Back Channel for Talk Support) See attached Picture ..
In the Sunba Camera Media Stream Page there is a RTSP Multicast address TAB ( See Attached Picture )
Is there a Way to turn off ONVIF so it works
Looks like BI has that RTSP Back channel there for such a scenario but I dont know what setting I need to add to the camera ?
Anyone knowledgeable about this that can offer some guidance ?
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can hit the Speaker in Blue Iris and Hear fine through the camera
But the when I hit the MIC to Speak through the Camera I just get Feedback and it doesnt work ?
You're using the Blue Iris app on a smartphone, correct?

Regarding the "Feedback' you mentioned: have you tried lowering the mic's "gain" at "camera settings" => "Audio" tab ?

Could you provide a screenshot of that page as well?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You can backtrack to a previous version of BI. ( desktop software screen shot). I lost partial PTZ control on my " Jidetech" on a BI update.
But I think You can delete the camera and re-add it. or try going backwards to another version of BI. The waste of Money was the Camera.
Another waste of Money is a Costco NVR. I've done both. $57 bucks ( BI software cost) is a tank of gas. not a huge deal.
I spent hundreds going in the wrong direction too before I got schooled here.
Screenshot 2021-08-17 071855.png

stevekelso

n3wb
Reaction score
You're using the Blue Iris app on a smartphone, correct?

Regarding the "Feedback' you mentioned: have you tried lowering the mic's "gain" at "camera settings" => "Audio" tab ?

Could you provide a screenshot of that page as well?
I tried all that I cant figure out how to just give the camera separate ports or how to turn off ONVIF?
im getting Absolutely NO help from Sunba Tech !
they said I have to use a separate app to be able to talk through the speaker on the camera .
I tried that and it works but is not convenient I would rather use Blue Iris..