Blue Iris UI3

Reaction score
It'll work better in something based on Chromium. Firefox has a quirk where it plays low latency video very inefficiently.
Thanks for the tip! Installed Chromium browser and it does work very nicely. Thanks.

Next project! Find a SH AIO on ebay, install Mint + Chromium and leave it running Ui3 in the family room.
Rick

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Aha, so WebGL isn't supported (or could be disabled for some other reason). What does your computer have for a CPU and graphics device? I've heard of very old ones not supporting new enough OpenGL and therefore not working with WebGL. But it could just as easily be caused by an outdated graphics driver.
@bp2008 This is the same problem I am having (on my work computer, works fine at home), and posted about a few weeks ago here:
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/ui3-will-only-play-jpeg-streaming-profiles-in-chrome.44127/#post-406152

It was working fine the week before, but stopped working on Dec 16.
To get the other streaming profiles back, I had to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome settings (at the bottom under system).

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It was working fine the week before, but stopped working on Dec 16.
To get the other streaming profiles back, I had to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome settings (at the bottom under system).
Thanks. Could have been a Windows update or a Chrome update I suppose. This is probably the solution for @jdsfel too, then.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hardware acceleration in Chrome works fine on my home computer and cottage computer, both with Windows 10. My work computer is older, still running Windows 7, with an old Quadro FX 1800 graphics card. I'm getting a 'newer' computer at work with WIN10, hopefully HA works on it.

rastam4n

n3wb
Reaction score
Does BlueIris 5.0 Break ui3? I had it working great with version 4.#.# then upgraded to 5.0 and now I can no longer connect. It was so long ago I set this up I cannot even remember how I set it up to begin with... ugh

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@rastam4n Blue Iris 5 does not break UI3.

Look at Blue Iris Settings > Web server.

Make sure it is enabled on the port you expect, and that the root path points at Blue Iris 5\www

You may also need to make a new rule in Windows Firewall to allow incoming TCP traffic on the port Blue Iris's web server is running on.

rastam4n

n3wb
Reaction score
@rastam4n Blue Iris 5 does not break UI3.

Look at Blue Iris Settings > Web server.

Make sure it is enabled on the port you expect, and that the root path points at Blue Iris 5\www

You may also need to make a new rule in Windows Firewall to allow incoming TCP traffic on the port Blue Iris's web server is running on.
Thanks Bp, I have fixed it. But I had to break it first...lol
Basically what I did was uninstall the version 4 from the pc, (I then lost all my settings), so I re-imported the settings using the "import settings" option in the settings menu and that resolved it.
I think the key moment was when I reopened blueiris5 after double clicking the settings file, windows firewall warning popped up and I was able to allow it...

pt_weez

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been answered and I just couldn't find it in the thread.

When I upgraded BI to 5.0.7.10, I lost the ability to toggle audio playback on one computer through UI3.

If I log directly into my server running BI, I can play audio just fine. If I use the computer in my garage to log in through UI3, I have the little speaker icon in the bottom left corner next to the time to toggle audio for live video, as well as for clips with audio.

But, if use my main desktop to log in through UI3, that speaker icon is gone. The clips still show the speaker icon indicating that they have audio, but there's no way to toggle it. That bottom left corner now just has the time and no speaker icon.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on Win10, and I've already cleared cache on the affected computer, so I'm not sure what to do next. I thought maybe the update to 5.0.8.0 tonight would fix it, but it's still the same.

Appreciate anyone's feedback, and thanks for the awesome web UI.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@pt_weez Make sure you're running one of the H.264 streams (480p, 720p, etc). Audio is not available when using a jpeg mode.

If your H.264 streams are not available, this is a problem some people have been having recently with Chrome on some systems. See the post by Walrus above -> Blue Iris UI3

pt_weez

n3wb
Reaction score
You are absolutely right, thanks for the info. Not sure why it defaulted to a jpeg mode all of the sudden, but all good now.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a way to make the login screen not appear, I've clicked the "remember me" button, why is there a countdown to log in?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you see the countdown, right click on the 'log in automatically' and you should see something to remove the delay.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The login screen appears because it is the only thing that can appear when you don't have an authenticated session yet.

The delay is there to give people a chance to cancel the login so they can enter different credentials if they want to. While UI3's "Log Out" button does prevent automatic login temporarily, the same is not true of any of Blue Iris's other pages, so the delay is still necessary for the less technically-inclined to be able to change their login credentials.

evnldr

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you adjust the camera size independently or all just as a group I was looking to have the same layout as the console on the web so I don't have to run console all the time.
4 larger and 4 smaller cameras. I'd rather keep console closed to save on CPU usage, Or would it be better to get a add on graphics card to run the console?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you adjust the camera size independently or all just as a group
Just as a group.

I'd rather keep console closed to save on CPU usage, Or would it be better to get a add on graphics card to run the console?
What resolution do you run your display at? I would not bother with a graphics card unless it is 2560x1440 or larger. You can get a similar CPU savings just by limiting the live preview frame rate, if that is acceptable to you.

evnldr

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure it's a 32" 720P LCD
I run it at 6m fps I think. I use it as my camera viewer in the bedroom. $ major cams are at a larger size.
I may upgrade to a better setup looking at a i9 9770k 16gb ddr4